cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to get 3 cards from Capital One?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Possible to get 3 cards from Capital One?

Sounds like a good plan!
Message 31 of 38
Country_Feller
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forum. I have 4.
myFICO=EQ 702, TU 716, EX 743br>EQ=11//TU=15//EX=11/Util 14%. Gardening since 01/02/2017.

Message 32 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

what 4 do you have? what did you start with and what did the CLI look like on each?

Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding is:

You can only have one if you have the brand new Builder Program card (which is obviously not the case for you).

You can only have 2 if you have something from the "subprime" category (the MasterCard cards and Journey).  Not entirely sure about the cobranded cards but it seems like people have gotten the 'too many products' decline with those so there's that possibility that it falls here.

You can have up to 5 total if you have prime cards (the Visa cards) - VentureOne, Venture, QuickSilver

I agree with the advice the others are giving - take the upgrade to the QS MasterCard, finish credit steps, combine to one card and then go for whatever other card you want once you've done so.  I'm pretty sure if they give you a QS MasterCard (and not a QS1) that still counts as 'prime' even though it's still a MasterCard, but I'm not 100% on that.

Message 34 of 38
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

so let these obtain their CLI from credit steps, combine them, wait 30 days, then try for one of the prime cards they offer?

I would check their prequal site and see if they have any prime card offers for you right now. You'll know it's a "true" offer if you receive a fixed APR (after any 0% promo period) instead of a range APR (with language along the lines of, "depending on credit worthiness").

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 35 of 38
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I've got 5 from Cap One at the moment...QS Visa, QS1 MasterCard, (2) VentureOne's and a PlayStation Visa. 

Message 36 of 38
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

also, what does one need to meet to get the Venture?

With Cap1, your internal score with them goes a long way.....among others.

As far as I know, You can have up to 5(core) cards, excluding their co-branded ones.(Like mine).

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have 4 including cap secured mastercard, venture rewards, quicksilver visa, and quicksilver mastercard. Prequalified site currently is offering another quicksilver mastercard which I thought  I already had. Thnking of taking the prequalified offer of the VentureOne at 17% even though my income is 18000.  

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.