Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to pay Affirm with CC?

tag
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

Possible to pay Affirm with CC?

Hey all, 

DH needs a non-mortgage installment loan and we need want a Peloton. So, we signed him up for 0% financing through Affirm for 12 months.

I'd like to not miss out on points/cashback, but after logging into the account I'm not seeing an option to pay the monthly with a CC. Plastiq probably isn't worth it (and I haven't used them yet anyway), and the only other possibility I can think of is a BT with Discover (but I'm not even sure they would allow that). 

Any thoughts/advice? 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

Re: Possible to pay Affirm with CC?

@K-in-Boston / @Remedios /Mods - wasn't sure if this was the best place for this. It's tangentially related to CCs, but I just wasn't sure. Feel free to move.

Message 2 of 16
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You will not receive  rewards on BT amounts. You pay the fee or interest, depending on which option you chose. 

Message 3 of 16
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

You will not receive  rewards on BT amounts. You pay the fee or interest, depending on which option you chose. 

Yeah. That's why I applied for the Wyndham Rewards card (my understanding is that is one where you can earn rewards on BTs), but alas - they said "no thanks." 

Message 4 of 16
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@jasonbourne84 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Yeah. That's why I applied for the Wyndham Rewards card (my understanding is that is one where you can earn rewards on BTs), but alas - they said "no thanks." 

☹️

A question, how old is your Discover card? 

Message 5 of 16
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

@Remedios Like, 11 days.

Message 6 of 16
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

@Remedios - I should say, one of them is brand new. The other is 13 months

Message 7 of 16
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

I'm not sure if affirm reports as an installment loan. From what I can remember reading, affirm reports as a consumer finance account. This may also be kind of a negative on your reports as cfa aren't looked at in a good light. I may be mistaken. Someone else can chime in if they know. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BmoreBull wrote:

I'm not sure if affirm reports as an installment loan. From what I can remember reading, affirm reports as a consumer finance account. This may also be kind of a negative on your reports as cfa aren't looked at in a good light. I may be mistaken. Someone else can chime in if they know. 

Affirm reports on my Experian as an installment loan. And after my initial cc purchase I can no longer use a credit card to pay the Affirm account. FYI450D0CDB-28DE-4A5C-BD47-206ADE8CD58F.jpeg

Message 9 of 16
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I looked into how it reports before signing up the DH. It's also 0% and I think we're going to immediately pay it down to like 5%. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.