Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible way to increase Auto/Transportation Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possible way to increase Auto/Transportation Rewards

Not positive if this is helpful, but wanted to alert those who benefit from cards that give good rewards in the Auto and/or Transportation categories. I have noticed that on my Discover Card that Tractor Supply Company (TSC) is coded as Misc Auto, Aircraft, Farm Equipment and for my Wells Fargo Debit the category is listed as Other Auto / Transportation. If these will code similar on other cards who give good rewards for Auto and Transportation categories this may help increase your rewards on just typical everyday spend....for those that don’t usually shop at TSC, they carry many everyday items and not just farm & ranch supplies. They also carry pet food, pet beds, doggie crates, hardware, paint supplies, lawn & garden supplies and more. Should anyone try this with your cards and it doesn’t give the Auto/Transportation Rewards, my apologies for the wild goose chase...✌🏻

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Possible way to increase Auto/Transportation Rewards

Another tip I've found: If you live in a toll heavy region, see if any of your travel cards count EZ-pass, SunPass, etc., replenishments as travel. 

My PenFed Pathfinder does and I get 4x points on it. Not as signficant now that I work from home full time, but I used to spend $200/month easy in tolls going back and forth across NYC/NJ/Long Island.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Possible way to increase Auto/Transportation Rewards

Good to know @Anonymous , thank you! 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.