Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly a Stupid Question about JetBlue Mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possibly a Stupid Question about JetBlue Mastercard

Hi All,

I was just buying a flight to Cali and went through JetBlue as they had the best fare. Just before I was about to pay, I see that I have been preapproved for a JetBlue Mastercard. Why not, I think...so I go for it and was approved for a $3500 limit (yay!) and then the site used the card to pay for the flight. But it happened so fast that I wasn't able to suss out much info about the card, itself. So here's the stupid question for those of you who have this card or know the answer: can I use this card for things other than flights on JetBlue or is this not a general use credit card? I've never had an airline card before. From some Googling, it seems I can use this as a general use card, but just want to be sure.

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Possibly a Stupid Question about JetBlue Mastercard

Congrats!
Yes it is a general use credit card, which earns JetBlue miles. As with other airline Co branded cards, regular spend is rewarded with airline miles of that brand.

You likely also saved the first checked bag fee on the legs of your flight, which is one of the most tangible benefits of these cards.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, great! Thanks for the confirmation!
Message 3 of 4
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

JetBlue has two different personal credit cards. One has an annual fee and one doesn’t.
The annual fee version is called the JetBlue Plus card. This card earns a higher rewards rate on JetBlue purchases and includes a free first checked bag.

The standard no AF version does not get free checked bag.

Both cards are mastercards and issued by Barclays

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.