cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly cancelling Amex gold

jcooks
Frequent Contributor

Re: Possibly cancelling Amex gold

You can Uber to Shake Shack and knock out both at the same time...now that's what I call winning

Message 21 of 23
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@jcooks wrote:

You can Uber to Shake Shack and knock out both at the same time...now that's what I call winning

I've taken an Uber to get takeout before. It was about $10 each way, $20 RT. I was visiting family and didn't have a car of my own, the restaurant didn't deliver, and everyone wanted to get food from there.

I waited in the restaurant for the food for maybe 30 minutes. When I went back, I actually got the same driver for my return trip. He thought it was hilarious.

I was buying something like $200 of food so the economics weren't too crazy and walking would have been impractical with heavy paper bags vulnerable to breaking.

But for a $15 or $20 order, I'd just pay the delivery fee!

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+WWFCR, Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: EDP, BCP
Closing soon: Discover

Mostly earning MRs and cash back as I use up hotel and airline points spread across several programs.
Message 22 of 23
Aim_High
Senior Contributor

@jcooks wrote:

You're cracking me up, @jcooks!  LMAO Smiley LOL 

Glad I wasn't drinking coffee when I read that!  

laughing_emotio.gif

Length of Credit > 35 years; Total Credit Limits > $600K
AoOA > 28 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Nov 2021)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.