cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post your surprising app and CLI responses - Chase approval - Rewards Chasers product

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Post your surprising app and CLI responses - Chase approval - Rewards Chasers product

surprising app response:  Upon HP, denied an 1800 CLI on Chase Amazon Visa for sufficient credit,

then approved for five figure CL Chase AARP Smiley Surprised

chasing rewards?  unlimited 5% on all purchases for 6 mnths.:  http://www.aarpcreditcard.com/Default

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
JaseT
Established Contributor

Re: Post your surprising app and CLI response - Chase approval - Rewards Chasers product

Even 5% CB on everything for 6 months isn't enough to tempt me to get into bed with Chase.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 2 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Post your surprising app and CLI response - Chase approval - Rewards Chasers product

@JaseT wrote:

Even 5% CB on everything for 6 months isn't enough to tempt me to get into bed with Chase.

V. good point.

Not typically a rewards chaser here, so this is a test run to see how I like it, lol

+1000 on not trusting Chase as far as one can throw them.  They are about as shady as it gets of the majors IMO but figure if I keep them on a short leash- of course PIF and try to rack up some rewards the 1st 6 mos we *MAY* just get along, at least short-term... and wooing me with a generous starting CL is the language of luv Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 14
android01
Valued Contributor

@JaseT wrote:

+1.  Me neither.  Ever.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 4 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

-

Message 5 of 14
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Approved for Amex PR Gold in October.  At time of app, EQ FICO was around 650 (may have been 648 but I can't remember exactly now).  I had late payments that were almost, but not quite, two years old.  Don't know if that qualifies, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I wouldn't have even applied except that I needed a card with a higher limit for business travel and Cap1 denied my CLI request. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 14
wmarat
Valued Contributor

@score_building wrote:

Surprising app results anyone...? 

NFCU Visa, 5 figures CL, but not surprising.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 7 of 14
wmarat
Valued Contributor

@JaseT wrote:

U'r so right.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 8 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

Nice one!  Sometimes it pays to submit a "reach" app. Smiley Tongue

@Walt_K wrote:

Approved for Amex PR Gold in October.  At time of app, EQ FICO was around 650 (may have been 648 but I can't remember exactly now).  I had late payments that were almost, but not quite, two years old.  Don't know if that qualifies, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I wouldn't have even applied except that I needed a card with a higher limit for business travel and Cap1 denied my CLI request. 

If anyone else is willing to share any surprising app results or f/b about the actual OP product, thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

Here's my most recent/ long shot app result.

Approved for Pen Fed Visa with 8 new accts in the past year Smiley Surprised  Wouldn't thought it possible (and don't advocate willy nilly app., they all serve a good purpose and were planned out well in advance as part of a building effort) but am of course over the moon with the result! (4 previous denials over 2+ yrs as a member)

Had thought build plan effectively excluded Pen Fed for a minimum of 12-24 months and possibly permanently due to number of TLs, am absolutely amazed and delighted having taken such a gamble.

Besides the new accts issue- clean report and reasonably strong stats overall (reported in Pen Fed survey thread) 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.