Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting payments to Chase before statement closes

tag
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Posting payments to Chase before statement closes

If my statement closes on the 16th, and I make a payment tomorrow (15th) will Chase post it in time before my statement closes? I know they do with purchases (if they are pending they post them to the statement before closing right?)

Just want to be sure.

thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Posting payments to Chase before statement closes

@Kozmo wrote:

If my statement closes on the 16th, and I make a payment tomorrow (15th) will Chase post it in time before my statement closes? I know they do with purchases (if they are pending they post them to the statement before closing right?)

Just want to be sure.

thanks!

I believe it will, as long as you pay it before 8 PM eastern time! Just be sure if any purchases haven't posted by tomorrow when you go to pay, if you want it to report $0, add that amount to your payment otherwise they'll likely post right before the statement closes!

Message 2 of 4
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Kozmo wrote:

Just want to be sure.

thanks!

I believe it will, as long as you pay it before 8 PM eastern time! Just be sure if any purchases haven't posted by tomorrow when you go to pay, if you want it to report $0, add that amount to your payment otherwise they'll likely post right before the statement closes!

+1...good call on the pending purchases as well.  They'll let you overpay by 10% on the current balance.  I pay on the statement close date all the time...of course that's from a Chase account so it's just like an internal transfer.    

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 3 of 4
too-much-time
Frequent Contributor

My payments in the morning of the statement date get posted without exception.

Pending charges however may be applied to the following billing cycle.

An interesting thing about Chase payments in my experience is that they don't get posted at my bank until two days after and that the posting date is the day inbetween!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.