Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approval from Verve Mastercard

tag
alinoapa
Regular Contributor

Pre-Approval from Verve Mastercard

Now that my credit is constantly improving (thanks to the info I learn here), I've been recieving pre-approved offers from catalogs, well today I got one from a Mastercard....

After reading the disclosures, the $125 annual fee caught my attention, um, no thanks, especially with a $500 credit line, lol

Now, I'm excited because that means in the coming months I should be getting the offers that I do want to take advantage of....hehe

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Re: Pre-Approval from Verve Mastercard

@alinoapa wrote:

Now that my credit is constantly improving (thanks to the info I learn here), I've been recieving pre-approved offers from catalogs, well today I got one from a Mastercard....

After reading the disclosures, the $125 annual fee caught my attention, um, no thanks, especially with a $500 credit line, lol

Now, I'm excited because that means in the coming months I should be getting the offers that I do want to take advantage of....hehe

It is a great feeling when your credit profile shoots up and you can start getting the good offers...  Hang in there!

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I needed a credit card for an unexpected trip. The first thing they do is bill you $125 processing fee.  Then they ask for a payment that day.  (You can tell them you are paying on the due date). So I get my statement. My payment is due on the 27th of the month.  So I pay my July payment on July 25th, I pay my August payment on August 27th and then I make my September payment on September 3rd.  So now I am ready to make my October payment by October 27th.  I get an email on October 7th, telling me that my payment is past due and now I owe 105.00.  WHAT???  I call them and I am told that because I paid on the September payment on the 2nds, it was processed as an extra August payment and so therefore I am late. So now I still owe September and I owe October and a $35 dollar late fee.  She said if I would have paid on September 4th it would have been the September payment.  She would not help me but got a supervisor. I got the same runaround and he said he will talk to corporate. So now, although I paid my payment early, I owe late fees, an extra month payment and they are turning me over to credit bureaus as a late pay. I am cutting this card up and paying these loan sharks off ASAP.  Don't do business with them!!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I needed a credit card for an unexpected trip. The first thing they do is bill you $125 processing fee.  Then they ask for a payment that day.  (You can tell them you are paying on the due date). So I get my statement. My payment is due on the 27th of the month.  So I pay my July payment on July 25th, I pay my August payment on August 27th and then I make my September payment on September 3rd.  So now I am ready to make my October payment by October 27th.  I get an email on October 7th, telling me that my payment is past due and now I owe 105.00.  WHAT???  I call them and I am told that because I paid on the September payment on the 2nds, it was processed as an extra August payment and so therefore I am late. So now I still owe September and I owe October and a $35 dollar late fee.  She said if I would have paid on September 4th it would have been the September payment.  She would not help me but got a supervisor. I got the same runaround and he said he will talk to corporate. So now, although I paid my payment early, I owe late fees, an extra month payment and they are turning me over to credit bureaus as a late pay. I am cutting this card up and paying these loan sharks off ASAP.  Don't do business with them!!

Should have known what you were getting into with a scum lender like them.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I commute 25 Miles's to and from Anaheim Hills , Ca. From Whittier, CA, total of approx. 49-50 miIes. I am in desperate need of a new/used Ecinomical vehicle to provide myself with reliable transportation in regards to keeping my job of 13-years and benefits in which I need to live and survive life. I rely on only myself in regards to day to day life, and medical benefits as a benefit of employment.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I commute 25 Miles's to and from Anaheim Hills , Ca. From Whittier, CA, total of approx. 49-50 miIes. I am in desperate need of a new/used Ecinomical vehicle to provide myself with reliable transportation in regards to keeping my job of 13-years and benefits in which I need to live and survive life. I rely on only myself in regards to day to day life, and medical benefits as a benefit of employment.

What exactly are you asking?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 12
One7
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

?

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@One7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

?

I didn't understand either.

Message 9 of 12
polecat87
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess this is the "Tell me about yourself thread" so...

Okay, I'm 5'9 180 lbs. light brown hair italian-american ISO swf for friendship and maybe more...

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.