Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Approval offers

tag
kd529
Valued Member

Pre Approval offers

Do preapproval offers in the mail have any wieght to them are are they just purely pulling your name off some marketing list?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Pre Approval offers

Depends. Who sent you an offer and what does it say? Generally, a set APR is a good sign, as is a specific link to go to to activate the offer - but it depends on the credit issuer. Please give details so we can help, thanks!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Some are marketing others solid, as stated all depends on who is sending and rhe language used but even solid offers can turn out to be denials.
Message 3 of 5
kd529
Valued Member

i have been receiving ones from Speedway, i use the reward program often.  From TD bank, I have some accounts there but not large balances ( I also have a target store card which is TD). Capital One auto, which I already have my auto loan with.  Usually there is some sort of offer code on the mailer. My score is mid 600.

Message 4 of 5
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Speedway (the gas stations, right? We don't have any where I'm at but I've heard of them), are usually good to rebuilders so the pre-approval should be ok and your scores are fair. TD, I'd look for a single APR in the flier. I just got a Target card myself so I'm not as familiar with their pre-qualifications. Capital one auto you're probably good for but that's kinda worthless to you unless you're looking for another vehicle. You won't be able to refinance your loan with them. Again, everything is still YMMV though. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.