cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre- Approval....should I accept??

Obscure-Expert
Valued Contributor

Re: Pre- Approval....should I accept??

I'm 50/50 on this one while it's enticing to see a pre-approval with a higher limit than almost all of your cards combined it's a CU and they typically get HP happy when it comes time to make changes like a CLI.  However, on the other hand I have some CU cards that offer up some hefty CLI's w/o even asking.  About 50% of them have upped their limits w/o asking by at least 5K/card at this point over several years.

 

I don't really think it would be an issue with your other cards looking down on you for taking a bigger offer and adding 1 account to the mix.  It's been 2-3 months since the last one depending on how you count the months.  

 

It's your decision, waiting until Oct would probably be ideal for spacing things out just a smidge longer, and it will give the others something to compete with when they review your accounts for CLI's.

500K+ TCL / 800+ FCOs
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.