cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approvals on Credit Card Websites....

tag
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Pre-Approvals on Credit Card Websites....

I just tried the pre-approval options at Cap1 and Discover. I was recommended the Cap1 Cash card ($39 AF No Thanks!) and the Discover More.

If I applied, what are my chances of approval? Has anyone been denied after the pre-approval soft pull?

I have some patience and don't really plan on applying until the end of August. I think I need 1 more month of reporting on the 2 cards that I already have.

Any other cards have pre-approval offers on their websites?

It REALLY felt good to have been offered cards!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

Re: Pre-Approvals on Credit Card Websites....

Amex has PA.

Starting Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 757 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Current Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Goal Score:     EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
In my wallet:  $16,000  $8,000
Message 2 of 6
gettnthere
Established Contributor

i know cap1 PA is weird...one day shows PA for like 3 different cards and then the next day NONE lol i dont getSmiley Frustrated

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 6
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

You probably got the same Discover More "recommended" card everyone else have been getting. (Before it was saying "Sorry, we don't have any offers" but for the last few days it hasn't.) See if you can check your EQ report for an actual soft pull...Discover's are based on those and I believe also when they've sent you something.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 6
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Tried AMEX. It was "No special offers for you!"

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 5 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@jamie123 wrote:

I just tried the pre-approval options at Cap1 and Discover. I was recommended the Cap1 Cash card ($39 AF No Thanks!) and the Discover More.

If I applied, what are my chances of approval? Has anyone been denied after the pre-approval soft pull?

I have some patience and don't really plan on applying until the end of August. I think I need 1 more month of reporting on the 2 cards that I already have.

Any other cards have pre-approval offers on their websites?

It REALLY felt good to have been offered cards!

"Recommended" does not mean pre-approved. Unless the websites return with the message "Congratulations, you have been pre-approved for..." you have not been pre-approved. Discover has gotten rid of their "Sorry we couldn't find any offers" message, and capital one still has it, it's at the top, but then they attack you with a GIANT picture of the cash card. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.