Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approvals with Chase

tag
NegotiatorRogerSmith
New Contributor

Pre-Approvals with Chase

I logged-on to my Chase account today and saw my Ink Plus business card got an auto-CLI from 9k to 13k... thought that was interesting since I'd never in the past got an auto-CLI and would have to request it, then get hit with a HP.

I applied for their Marriott card back in Dec 2013, and after a decline and recon chat with UW, they told me I was passed their leveraged exposure. After submitting proof of additional income than they already had on file, they granted the acct for 5k and that was all they could do.

It's been 6 months since then, so I can imagine my max exposure my have changed. When I visited the bank, they then shared I also had a pre-approval for 3 of their personal cards, 2 of which I already have (Sapphire Preferred, Freedom), the Continental I don't want. I understand that I must select one of the offers, and that all 3 aren't available at the same time. In the past when I had a pre-approved offer, I simply opted for a CLI and noticed after the CLI was completed, the offers at the branch-level went away. 

I'm planning to get the Ink Bold next, then eventually British Airways, then Hyatt...

Is it better to accept one of the cards already offered, then attempting a PC, or should I go for the Ink Bold and anticipate an approval based on the general fact that I'm being offered another card by the bank?

I'm just extra nervous with Chase because I have 4 accounts with them, and I'm wanting 3 more... that's a lot to have with one bank. They might be getting nervous, too.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.