Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Q for AMEX Plat 100,000

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-Q for AMEX Plat 100,000

I don't know how to insert picture on here but I was just curious what pre-qual I get from AMEX and I showed Platinum Card with 100,000 membership rewards just to make purchase $3000 in 3 months. Is this true? And what do you get for 100,000 membership reward? Sorry such a noob here !
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-Q for AMEX Plat 100,000

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't know how to insert picture on here but I was just curious what pre-qual I get from AMEX and I showed Platinum Card with 100,000 membership rewards just to make purchase $3000 in 3 months. Is this true? And what do you get for 100,000 membership reward? Sorry such a noob here !

If it shows as a prequalified offer for you then its a legitimate offer and a very good at that.  100K Amex reward points can easily be worth $2K or more if you use them with the available travel partners.  Before applying I would do research into Amex's reward programs and make sure the points are something you can use.  This is a travel card and comes with a hefty ($450) annual fee and should not be applied for unless you can use the points wisely.

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

100k MR can be redeemed in many ways.  In general think of it as a round trip coach ticket to Australia.  Or round trip business class to Europe.  or 2 roundtrip coach to Europe.

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If it shows as a prequalified offer for you then its a legitimate offer and a very good at that.  100K Amex reward points can easily be worth $2K or more if you use them with the available travel partners.  Before applying I would do research into Amex's reward programs and make sure the points are something you can use.  This is a travel card and comes with a hefty ($450) annual fee and should not be applied for unless you can use the points wisely.

I never had a card that has an annual fee, with this hefty $450 annual fee do you pay it in full? or throughout the year?

Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

You pay it in full. It's a charge card.

Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I never had a card that has an annual fee, with this hefty $450 annual fee do you pay it in full? or throughout the year?

No, you have to pay it all at once.  The Platinum card is a charge card which means that all charges must be paid in full each month, including any fee.s  They assess the AF on your first statement. Some of the AF is offset by a yearly airline credit.  You need to review the full range of benefits that come with the card.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/platinum/28000?extlink=CH=ps-CU=us-BU=ccsg-SE=google-SKW=CM_XM_Campaign_19_Platinum_Exact

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want that 100K offer!
Message 7 of 34
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Sounds like a nice offer.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait a minute... 

So you received an offer for the AMEX Platinum, including 100,000 bonus MR points with credit scores of 625, 624, and 646, and also with 16 inquiries on each report?

So glad I'm able to get one of those cards.... Not. 

Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I want that 100K offer!

Same here.  The day I see this offer is the day I apply.  Until then I will not apply.  LoL

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.