Did you mean: 

Pre-Q for AMEX Plat 100,000

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-Q for AMEX Plat 100,000

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my PRG with the 50k offer, but that wouldn't affect my getting the Plat bonus. I incognito and chat everyday to no avail. I'm trying hard though!

you got a bonus, you are done - you only get one in your life and they never forget, they have all my details from over 30 years ago

Incorrect information here - you can only receive one bonus per card, per lifetime. I have never had a Platinum card, so I would be eligible for a bonus on the Plat

Message 21 of 34
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my PRG with the 50k offer, but that wouldn't affect my getting the Plat bonus. I incognito and chat everyday to no avail. I'm trying hard though!

you got a bonus, you are done - you only get one in your life and they never forget, they have all my details from over 30 years ago

Incorrect information here - you can only receive one bonus per card, per lifetime. I have never had a Platinum card, so I would be eligible for a bonus on the Plat

@then the crs gave me wrong info.  guess all you have to do is get it to appear.  I am @ chrome @ https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/ and am looking at a 100K offer right in front of me - did you clear your cache?

Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@then the crs gave me wrong info.  guess all you have to do is get it to appear.  I am @ chrome @ https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/ and am looking at a 100K offer right in front of me - did you clear your cache?

Amex CSRs are hit or miss - some are excellent, others are from overseas and know virtually nothing

Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

OP, so I see you got the silver card - good for you.  do an online chat with them, I would be curious what the spending limit for the card is.  my bet is 1-3K.  my experence is they hand out charge cards like candy but they are backed up with near worthless limits.  hope I am wrong

I called them and they wont tell me my spending limit but online when you check your spending power, I tried at first 20,000 and it was declined and I tried 10,000 it was approved. I will try to see today at 15,000. Thanks!

Message 24 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I got the 100000 offered and jumped on it. I met my spend this week in Europe at the Louis Vuitton store and my bonus email was sent the next day. It's not a great card for earning points after the bonus, but it has great perks and protection.

My thoughts exactly, August is the month I get to buy one more bag added to my collection and will definitely use this card to hit the $3,000 requirement. Smiley Happy my favorite place to be!

Message 25 of 34
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex CSRs are hit or miss - some are excellent, others are from overseas and know virtually nothing

And it isn't limited to AMEX lol

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wachme wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wait a minute... 

So you received an offer for the AMEX Platinum, including 100,000 bonus MR points with credit scores of 625, 624, and 646, and also with 16 inquiries on each report?

So glad I'm able to get one of those cards.... Not. 

I believe AMEX has loosened up their underwriting in response to losing Costco, JetBlue and potentially Starwood. Such approvals were near impossible years ago IMO.

Good, they deserve to lose them. What a crappy company. Why haven't they fired their CEO yet? Customer service very far downhill since the old days, losing partners, looser, inconsistent underwriting standards, other cards are catching up to their rewards programs, etc. It seems like the guy has absolutely no idea what he's doing. 

Me? I think I'm personally done with AMEX. I will definitely apply for a credit union card instead, which will probably have a lower APR, no annual fee, and pretty much no other fees. Oh, and I won't have to guess whether or not my card will be accepted. Plus, I'll get an English speaking person on the other line. 

Message 27 of 34
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Uh oh...

I checked and have the 100k points offer, but I'm in the garden! My EX FICO score is only 652 as I'm rebuilding, so these offers don't even seem real. They also offered me 50K miles on Delta Gold and $250 back on the BCP. Really? 652? I feel like I should take advantage, but I want to apply for a mortgage in the next year or so. My ideal card combo would include two of the three. I fly Delta, I buy tons of groceries and as for the platinum, I'd pass because of the AF, but I wouldn't want to say no to the PRG. 

What do I do?? Does it get any better? What about the mortgage process? Do I risk it by coming out of the garden?? Gosh, that whole "lifetime" thing really put a sense of urgency in me. 

Smiley Indifferent

**I took a screen shot of the offers...just in case Smiley Wink

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Pre Quals are usually pretty solid. On top of that, if you are going to try for the Platinum card, that is the one you want, 100K bonus points. We say that because the bonus ranges from 40K to 100K bonus points.

Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

OP, so I see you got the silver card - good for you.  do an online chat with them, I would be curious what the spending limit for the card is.  my bet is 1-3K.  my experence is they hand out charge cards like candy but they are backed up with near worthless limits.  hope I am wrong

This was not true in my experience. I was approved for the 100k offer with a 608 EX. I've since put maybe 12-14k through the card, including a 5,000 dollar bike, and numerous hotels in various cities. I havent had one transaction declined. I did click the "check spending power" once, before I knew better, and it would approve me for a 10k purchase. Last week I was denied a Hilton Honors Amex. So, I can buy a Rolex on my plat but they don't want to give me a credit card. It boggles my brain too.

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.