cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Qualified Juniper Platinum Mastercard - What have you heard about Juniper?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-Qualified Juniper Platinum Mastercard - What have you heard about Juniper?

DH received a Pre-Qualified offer for Juniper Platinum MasterCard.  I've been searching for forums a bit.

Does anybody have any info on this card? 

Anyone been pre-qualified and then actually accepted for a card?  (I'm assuming pre-qualified is different than pre-approved?)

Any info on CL's?

Many thanks.

ETA:this was for DH

Message Edited by utah2009 on 07-13-2009 05:57 PM
Message Edited by utah2009 on 07-13-2009 05:59 PM
Message Edited by beamMEup on 11-10-2009 09:18 AM
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Re: Pre-Qualified Juniper Platinum Mastercard - What have you heard about Juniper?

@utah2009 wrote:

Received a Pre-Qualified offer for Juniper Platinum MasterCard.  I've been searching for forums a bit.

Does anybody have any info on this card? 

Anyone been pre-qualified and then actually accepted for a card?  (I'm assuming pre-qualified is different than pre-approved?)

Any info on CL's?

Many thanks.

Message Edited by utah2009 on 07-13-2009 05:57 PM
Message Edited by utah2009 on 07-13-2009 05:59 PM

I've been pre-qualified for that same CC about 20 times. Never app'd for it though. My guess is that it's a standard CC without any perks. You can browse their website and check out the other cards they have. You might find something more interesting. Nevertheless, if you do app for this card, please report back to let us know the outcome.

All the best! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 16
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Pre-Qualified Juniper Platinum Mastercard - What have you heard about Juniper?

Hmm... thought they were dropping the Juniper name. Guess not.

There is a lot of information on this board regarding Barclay/Juniper. I recommend searching it out and reading it. I have never bit on one of their gazillion offers and now I don't get them any more. (Not even Carnival or Princess Sea Miles.) I take that as a sign that I have moved above their target market.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's up with Juniper?

Thanks credit.  I did a search on Juniper before posting, and read a huge chunk.  Juniper and Barclay's are seemingly in the middle of a lot of changes - and there's a lot of mixed reporting on them in the past.  Given the current credit climate, I'm hoping to hear what people are running into with them recently - and specifically with apping after pre-qualifying.

The news is so mixed and things have changed with these guys, so I'm really hoping to get some updated feedback re: Juniper.  These forums are great for that - and we've been able to be smart about apping for cards based on info people so kindly share here - I hope to get that same response on Juniper cards (at least they're still Juniper for now!)

Message Edited by utah2009 on 07-13-2009 08:41 PM
Message 4 of 16
ramblinman901

Re: What's up with Juniper?

I have a Juniper Platinum Visa and M/C they lowered the cl on both of them 1 from 3500 to 1600 and the other one from 2500 to 500. They also raised the interest rates.

after bk/ 01/23/12 TU fico 467 EQ fico 498
Message 5 of 16
pattycake
Established Contributor

I find Juniper/Barclay's to be the worst.  They give low CLs, close accounts if you don't use it as often as they like, and are unresponsive.  I'd avoid them and go with a real bank.  
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 6 of 16
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

Hi Utah,

I had received this offer and applied for it a while back.  Was approved with like a 1400 cl which was automatically raised to 1700 and then to 2400.  After that there were no other cl raises in the 3 years that I had no matter how often I used it and pif.  When Juniper decides you have reached the limit they are going to give you, that's it.  The card did come with free transunion score watch that updated monthly.

After getting frustrated at the lack of cl increase, I converted it to the I-tunes visa.  I was able to get that card up to a 3k cl, but then they did cuts and it's down to 1100 with no hopes of an increase anytime soon.

Interestingly enough though, they did pre-approve me for the seamiles MC and a line of 1500.  They gave me a lower interest rate on this card and it also has the transunion score watching.  The only quirk with this card is that I can only pay it twice a month without a money hold.  Since the cl is so low, I use way more than the 1,500.00 and have to pay several times.  The first two payments go through no problem, anything over that and they hold the payment for 8 days.  The other two Juniper cards did not do this.

Also if it helps, all the juniper products will be changing over officially to Barclay's in the next couple of months.  I received a notice that my cards would be reissued with the different name on it.  So I'll have to see what that does to my cl's and my apr's. 

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 7 of 16
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@pattycake wrote:
I find Juniper/Barclay's to be the worst.  They give low CLs, close accounts if you don't use it as often as they like, and are unresponsive.  I'd avoid them and go with a real bank.  

@GST2008 wrote:

I had received this offer and applied for it a while back.  Was approved with like a 1400 cl which was automatically raised to 1700 and then to 2400.  After that there were no other cl raises in the 3 years that I had no matter how often I used it and pif.  When Juniper decides you have reached the limit they are going to give you, that's it.  The card did come with free transunion score watch that updated monthly.

After getting frustrated at the lack of cl increase, I converted it to the I-tunes visa.  I was able to get that card up to a 3k cl, but then they did cuts and it's down to 1100 with no hopes of an increase anytime soon.

Interestingly enough though, they did pre-approve me for the seamiles MC and a line of 1500.  They gave me a lower interest rate on this card and it also has the transunion score watching.  The only quirk with this card is that I can only pay it twice a month without a money hold.  Since the cl is so low, I use way more than the 1,500.00 and have to pay several times.  The first two payments go through no problem, anything over that and they hold the payment for 8 days.  The other two Juniper cards did not do this.

These are all typical Barclay/Juniper behaviors. 

@GST2008 wrote:

Also if it helps, all the juniper products will be changing over officially to Barclay's in the next couple of months.  I received a notice that my cards would be reissued with the different name on it.  So I'll have to see what that does to my cl's and my apr's. 

Hopefully this rebranding is going to result in the Juniper era being left behind and is not just a new veneer on the same old same old. Somehow I doubt it.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have a Barclays co-branded card?
Message 9 of 16
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Juniper is the name of the CC issuer Barclays Bank bought in this country. You can find further information here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juniper_Bank

You can see the array of cards Barclaycard offers in the US here:

http://www.aboutbarclaycardus.com/cards.php

Many (most) of the cards pictured have been issued by Juniper and it is the naming distinction between Juniper and Barclays that is being eliminated. My hunch is there not will be a whole lot of additional change. In effect Juniper = Barclaycard and has since it was bought out in 2004. They are just getting around to deep sixing the Juniper name.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.