Pre-approval for GE Chevron/Texaco

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Re: Pre-approval for GE Chevron/Texaco

Smiley Wink
@halos24 wrote:

@mmduluth wrote:

I have the Chevron/Texaco Visa. You get $0.10 off per gallon up to $300 in a calendar year. That cap sounds low but if you add up your gas expenses it's not too bad as long as you don't have a very long commute or drive a lot for work or whatever. I like my card. I still use my Freedom at the cheaper stations when they have 5% back on gas.

I am debating on opening it just as a back up and with gas prices around here might not be bad.  I am wondering who they pull?  Just scared to apply and get shot down! 

Aren't we all scared of that

Message 11 of 19
marty56
Super Contributor

I have one for almost 30 years.  It is my oldest open account.  I kept it even trhough DMP and was glad I did.  It is a GE product so treat it well and it will treat you well.  Also since it is a GE product, don't do anything stupid with it.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ halos24 there is no limits to get GE card and chevron card is good I have over 9 GE card including chevron card..
BR
Walmart
Amazon
Care Credit
Room to Go
TJmaxx
Lowes
Dillards
JCPenny

And they are all good card to have it and I think that is all I have.. I used chevron alot of gas price no cash..
Message 13 of 19
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

@halos24 wrote:

@mmduluth wrote:

I have the Chevron/Texaco Visa. You get $0.10 off per gallon up to $300 in a calendar year. That cap sounds low but if you add up your gas expenses it's not too bad as long as you don't have a very long commute or drive a lot for work or whatever. I like my card. I still use my Freedom at the cheaper stations when they have 5% back on gas.

I am debating on opening it just as a back up and with gas prices around here might not be bad.  I am wondering who they pull?  Just scared to apply and get shot down! 

They pulled TU here in GA I believe. I think if you app for the Visa first and don't qualify for it, they automatically consider you for the store card. The Visa is much better because you get that $.10 year round as opposed to just the first 60 days.

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 14 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@mmduluth wrote:

@halos24 wrote:

@mmduluth wrote:

They pulled TU here in GA I believe. I think if you app for the Visa first and don't qualify for it, they automatically consider you for the store card. The Visa is much better because you get that $.10 year round as opposed to just the first 60 days.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 19
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Thanks every body I might have to sit tight and think about this one for a few days.  I have added a few cards in the last few months, so not sure if I want that extra inquiry.  It's tempting, and I certainly know that GE is good to have especially for the CLI's.  

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 16 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@halos24 wrote:

Thanks every body I might have to sit tight and think about this one for a few days.  I have added a few cards in the last few months, so not sure if I want that extra inquiry.  It's tempting, and I certainly know that GE is good to have especially for the CLI's.  

+1

Be sure you need this card, wanting is not a good apping reason!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 19
mindacid
Valued Member

I received a pre-approval mailer for Chevron/Texaco and was approved with a CL of $550.  I had been a JCPenney and Amazon card holder for less than a year.

I honestly only use the card once every couple of months.  I only got it "just in case".

Message 18 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@mindacid wrote:

I received a pre-approval mailer for Chevron/Texaco and was approved with a CL of $550.  I had been a JCPenney and Amazon card holder for less than a year.

I honestly only use the card once every couple of months.  I only got it "just in case".

I would have gotten it if there was a chevron/texaco in my neighborhood, they shut the one down I did have like 7 months ago.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.