tag
SALSTON086

Re: Pre-approved for Comenity MasterCard

I received it too. 

Message 11 of 26
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Received Cominty Mastercard Invitation

Today I received an email from Comenity Mastercard asking me to apply. I promptly deleted the email. I have no desire to apply for any thing new until August 2021.

Message 12 of 26
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

Just got this in my email this morning. I have a past history with Comenity, but currently no open accounts with them. 

No profanities please, there is a reason why you cannot type them, and it can be found HERE 

Message 13 of 26
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Also, be aware that they are also emailing invitations to apply in addition to pre-approvals...and that those "invitations" are obviously not guarantees for approval while guaranteeing a hard pull on your credit (EQ was pulled for DW. She received the dreaded "will receive something in the mail within the next two weeks).

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 14 of 26
althes
Frequent Contributor

I also got the email this morning.

I have Comenity store cards and only the Playstation Visa which I am using for a BT to 2022.

I have always heard they are fickle with the MC/Visa and like to close them fast.

So I am thinking I will leave it alone unless I see alot of people get approved and then not closed.

Message 15 of 26
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I seem to have had stable relationship with Comenity over the many years without a snafu but also have narrowed the stable after going overboard like others years ago. Currently i hold 3 Comenity cards, 2 store associated ones and a MasterCard which is plenty for the time being. Haven't seen any invitation from them for this one yet either.

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the invite today too. Not interested. If they had converted me when my Wayfair closed I'd have taken it but I have my sights on other prizes.

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity sends MC offer AFTER closing Wayfair card

So after having my Wayfair card for a couple of years and paying faithfully, my card was closed when the contract was given to CITI.

Some received Comenity MCs, some didn't. I didn't. So today I get an email from Comenity asking me to apply for one of their MasterCards.

AYFKM?? Not gonna happen!

Message 18 of 26
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity sends MC offer AFTER closing Wayfair card

I received an email and a snail mail letter.

I assumed it was from the AKC  closure since they mentioned it in that letter.

Not interesting enough to bother with, in my case (nothing that's NOT already covered with my current stable).

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 19 of 26
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Comenity sends MC offer AFTER closing Wayfair card

I got a snail-mail preapproval from them today.   The only Comenity cards I have (or had) are the Total Rewards and EBauer so I'm guessing this was part of a demographic-based bulk campaign not tied to any card/account closure. 

This isn't a terrible card by any means but there is no vanity value for me and I have zero need or want for another 1.5% cashback card so the flesh is strong. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.