cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre qualified for a Texaco Chevron credit card?

tag
jsnlwrnc
Valued Member

Pre qualified for a Texaco Chevron credit card?

I just received a pre qualified offer for a Texaco Chevron credit card.  I really have no need for it due to me using my BOA 123 rewards for EVERYTHING which has a $1500 credit limit and already have to other small credit cards  one 400 and one 200 through capital one. but im wondering if im approved if that would improve my credit anymore? HELP!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pre qualified for a Texaco Chevron credit card?

I'm going to venture on the side that you don't need it because the rewards are pretty much non existent. However this is a GE bank backed card so the limit can grow fast be requesting CLIs every 4 months, which is a strong case for it. Depending on you AAOA, opening the card could cause a ding on that if your file is thin

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

++1

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 3 of 6
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Need to know more about your credit profile to be able to answer this.

But in general, if you aren't going to use a card, I wouldn't get it. There are plenty of other cards out there that might serve a better purpose for you. And you would have chances to get approved for most of them if your credit profile hasn't changed much since getting the BofA card.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 4 of 6
jsnlwrnc
Valued Member

Thank you for all the responses so you all! Ive thrown the offer in the trash lol after considering it...the card has no benefit for me. as far as rewards, apr, etc.

Message 5 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.