NFCU 25k
Amex BCP 8.8k
Amex Delta 6k
Discover it. 6k
Walmart Disc 5.4k
Freedom 1.5k
Chase amaz 2k

Pretty good limits for my "low" scores

Look, I know that guy seems hell bent on pissing everyone off and most of the threads he started get locked, but in this case he isn't really wrong. The AVERAGE fico score is around 720. So while you have scores that have allowed you to get good cards and that are "good" in a forum dominated by rebuilders, they are still lower than several hundred million people. That is why you aren't getting offers from the big guys yet. I'm in the same boat. Scores have gone from 590s to all between 700 and 720. Huge improvement, but still below average. I too have gotten the cards I want, but I'm married to someone whose scores are in the 760s and the difference in our mail is dramatic. She gets 5 or more offers a week. I'm the veteran, but she gets offers from usaa for 18 mos zero interest card, while I get offered extended car warranty plans. I get fnbo, visa black, credit one. She gets citi simplicity, csp and us bank. When all your negatives are gone and all your scores approach 760, you will need a 2nd recycling bin for all the offers you will get. 

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 31 of 47
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Pre screened offers continue

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:
Just to add fuel to fire:

NFCU 25k
Amex BCP 8.8k
Amex Delta 6k
Discover it. 6k
Walmart Disc 5.4k
Freedom 1.5k
Chase amaz 2k

Look, I know that guy seems hell bent on pissing everyone off and most of the threads he started get locked, but in this case he isn't really wrong. The AVERAGE fico score is around 720. So while you have scores that have allowed you to get good cards and that are "good" in a forum dominated by rebuilders, they are still lower than several hundred million people. That is why you aren't getting offers from the big guys yet. I'm in the same boat. Scores have gone from 590s to all between 700 and 720. Huge improvement, but still below average. I too have gotten the cards I want, but I'm married to someone whose scores are in the 760s and the difference in our mail is dramatic. She gets 5 or more offers a week. I'm the veteran, but she gets offers from usaa for 18 mos zero interest card, while I get offered extended car warranty plans. I get fnbo, visa black, credit one. She gets citi simplicity, csp and us bank. When all your negatives are gone and all your scores approach 760, you will need a 2nd recycling bin for all the offers you will get. 

Bless his heart.. he just has a grudge against CITI

Message 32 of 47
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@beb86 wrote:

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:
Just to add fuel to fire:

NFCU 25k
Amex BCP 8.8k
Amex Delta 6k
Discover it. 6k
Walmart Disc 5.4k
Freedom 1.5k
Chase amaz 2k

Bless his heart.. he just has a grudge against CITI

There's no fewer than 3 moderators actively watching this thread, do we really need to go down this path? Cat Tongue

I assure everyone that we're well aware of past and potential future issues.

        
Message 33 of 47
beb86
Valued Contributor

I apoligize.... been around long enough to know better...Dunc no CITI thank you offers????? both me and my wife (who has credit in the the 500's) gets offers for that once a month.

Message 34 of 47
dodgeball
Established Contributor

How can the average be in the 720"s when if you add state by state average fico scores it comes out closer to 680? The numbers dont add up, I know more people with bad to average credit than I do with excellent credit. I say that 720 number they put out there is no more than hot air.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 35 of 47
dodgeball
Established Contributor

@beb86 wrote:

I apoligize.... been around long enough to know better...Dunc no CITI thank you offers????? both me and my wife (who has credit in the the 500's) gets offers for that once a month.

Citi, uggghhhhhhh ! Even with a 700 score those guys would tell me to walk off a cliff, I am convinced they have a vendetta against me !

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 36 of 47
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I wish I was getting more prescreened offers too.  The only real one I got was for the BBVA Compass Clear Points card and the points on that are not very good.  I too only get joke offers and even those don't come that often.  But if I got a Matrix card offer I too would laugh or a Credit One.  Actually, I think I did get a Credit One and did laugh. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 37 of 47
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

No Citi offers. I'm trying for Forward in June.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 38 of 47
dodgeball
Established Contributor

How many inquirys you have right now Duncan on Equifax?

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 39 of 47
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Forward would be a nice one to add to the pile. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.