Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preappoval letter - then DENIED by WAMU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Preappoval letter - then DENIED by WAMU

i got sucked into that trap last year. pre-approved like 6-8 letters in a row. i appd, was told wait up to 30 days, several (maybe 30) days later was declined (can't rember why).
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

dnm45227 wrote:
i got sucked into that trap last year. pre-approved like 6-8 letters in a row. i appd, was told wait up to 30 days, several (maybe 30) days later was declined (can't rember why).

That sucks!!  Did you ask them to do a manual review or anything after being declined?

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

MsRN2000 wrote:

dnm45227 wrote:

That sucks!!  Did you ask them to do a manual review or anything after being declined?

that was about a year ago and i didn't know i could recon. am i smarter now, yes. just enough to cause myself more trouble!
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

dnm45227 wrote:

that was about a year ago and i didn't know i could recon. am i smarter now, yes. just enough to cause myself more trouble!

Smiley Winkand I'm sure you're smart enough to know how to stay out of tough situations now too.

I've just learned alot of things on this board myself. 

Thanks
Message 14 of 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Letters of "pre-approval" are generated based only on general criteria, and not necessarily based on CR pulls, in order only to limit the number of such letters they send out.  The criteria for approval is based, not on general screening criteria, but rathe based on you then meeting their individual and specific qualification criteria after a CR pull.  The term "pre-approval" should be interpreted only as "pre-screened" based on broader criteria. 
Message 15 of 17
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

I was pre-approved and then checked status but was denied too!! I just had them take me off their mailing list. As far as I am concerned, you will get one shot at my business from now on.
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 17k WAMU card with a zero balance.  I usually pay the balance in full.  After reading here about keeping a 10% uti on the cards I charged $233 on it and thought I would pay monthly above the min. amount due each month.   My SW came in today and dropped 3 points!  "Went from a 0 balance to $233."  Should I pay and bring it up the 3 points or should I make payments and hope it jumps up in a few months?

TU:713
EX 746
EQ 725 9/27/07

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.