cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preapproved offer for Citi Diamond Preferred Card.. Get it?

tag
G_Rivers

Preapproved offer for Citi Diamond Preferred Card.. Get it?

I've been reading these forums for awhile, and I love all the advice that's available on here. People are so helpful! So here's my short story..
I'm 28 and got my first capital 1 card about a year ago trying to start somewhere to build my credit. I knew I would have to wait a while for any good credit card offers. That's why my wife and I were surprised when 1 month ago I received an American Express green card preapproval in the mail, and I got it.
Now here's my question. I bought a car with my wife 2 weeks ago, and just today I received an offer for the citi diamond preferred. Will purchasing the car and then applying for this card be bad. Will all of this be too much for my credit? I definitely don't want to hurt it. My equifax credit score according to my Fico is 689. My capital 1 card has only a 750 CL. I want to work my way up to bigger and better things. How should I go about that exactly?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Preapproved offer for Citi Diamond Preferred Card.. Get it?

Welcome to the forum! What's the rest of your profile look like? How many inq's, baddies, any other cc's?
Message 2 of 6
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

I personally would not apply for the card because it has no rewards.

Message 3 of 6
G_Rivers

Well I've only got the cap1 card and the amex green. I have 3 inq's, no missed payments or anything like that, and my credit report shows that having too little cards and my short history is hurting my score. I hope to change that Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
G_Rivers

Alright thanks for the reply. Should I wait for a card that offers rewards? Which one would be best?
Message 5 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Chase Freedom and/orbDiscover It. Barclays SallieMae is nice too. Do you travel? Want cashback?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.