Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predicting FNBO closing dates

tag
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

Re: Predicting FNBO closing dates

@Who_wuda_thought wrote:

My own experience with the FNBO Evergreen is that the statement closing date shown on my account has always been accurate, every month so far, with no variance.  What DOES vary is when the account shows up each month (after statement closing date) as reported on each of the 3 CB's.  That is terribly inconsistent and drives me nuts, lol!

It always seems to happen at the most inconvenient time! I was planning on applying for credit, so last month I paid down the 40%+ usage on my FNBO card to zero.... and it took 4 days to show up on TU, 11 days to show up on EQ, and a full 21 days to show up on EX. It was so late, I was thinking they just forgot to report to EX in October. But it did finally report.

Message 21 of 28
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Message 22 of 28
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

I clearly don't understand scoring. I just got an alert from Experian that FNBO reported (very quickly this month). As a result, 2/3 of my personal cards are showing a balance, instead of 1/3.

And my score went up 2 points.

Message 23 of 28
Who_wuda_thought
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymalous wrote:

I clearly don't understand scoring. I just got an alert from Experian that FNBO reported (very quickly this month). As a result, 2/3 of my personal cards are showing a balance, instead of 1/3.

Sometimes you can look at other recent changes showing (either now or within a couple of days) to get the answer.  Account aging and inquiry aging (and/or drop from being scorable) will always be intermittently increasing your scores here and there.  When you have a change that normally might negatively influence score (like 2/3 of accts reporting), the impact may be offset by the increase in score from aging changes, etc.  The increase would have been more had there not been an offset subtraction of points for # of accts reporting.

This may not be the case for yourself, but thought I would throw it out there as food for thought anyway.

Scores as of March 6, 2024:

Message 24 of 28
uncredited
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymalous wrote:

Especially EX, we both have that weird nexus that our scores don't change.  Remember 2 months ago I went from 1/2 reporting to all reporting and no drop, while TU/EQ cratered to sub prime. Then an inq, no drop. And only 4 points on another inq.  Well see what new account does. But that doesn't surprise me.

My next month I'll have 2/3 report with new account (otherwise I'd have an all zero briefly) so we'll see if we get the same effect.

Message 25 of 28
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

@uncredited wrote:

@Anonymalous wrote:

Especially EX, we both have that weird nexus that our scores don't change.  Remember 2 months ago I went from 1/2 reporting to all reporting and no drop, while TU/EQ cratered to sub prime. Then an inq, no drop. And only 4 points on another inq.  Well see what new account does. But that doesn't surprise me.

My next month I'll have 2/3 report with new account (otherwise I'd have an all zero briefly) so we'll see if we get the same effect.

Well, my EX FICO 8 was stuck in the 730s for most of the year. But then it dropped into the 720s when my utilization went up, and when utilization went back down, it bounced back to 747, and now 749. I don't know why. 18 months shouldn't be an aging threshold.

Message 26 of 28
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

@Who_wuda_thought wrote:

@Anonymalous wrote:

Sometimes you can look at other recent changes showing (either now or within a couple of days) to get the answer.  Account aging and inquiry aging (and/or drop from being scorable) will always be intermittently increasing your scores here and there.  When you have a change that normally might negatively influence score (like 2/3 of accts reporting), the impact may be offset by the increase in score from aging changes, etc.  The increase would have been more had there not been an offset subtraction of points for # of accts reporting.

This may not be the case for yourself, but thought I would throw it out there as food for thought anyway.

My file's simple enough that this should be easy to deduce, but I'm drawing a blank on this one. I have an inquiry on EX passing the 12 month mark and becoming unscoreable either this or month or the next, but that shouldn't account for that much of a jump. My oldest card is 18 months and my newest is 9 months, so I don't think I passed an aging threshold. I've repeatedly tested 2/3 or even 3/3 cards reporting, and doesn't seem to do much to my score one way or the other, as long as the utilization is very low (couple percent). I wonder if it's largely irrelevant for young files.

Message 27 of 28
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@MySunrise271 wrote:

@SouthJamaica 55E6827D-2FB9-4FEC-B2F8-98905DE80106.jpeg

9AC4C7A4-15C2-4B07-8604-D0E0EB087F2C.jpeg

Thanks. Very interesting.  My account does not have that.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.