Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predictive Dialers

tag
Dawn
Established Contributor

Predictive Dialers

Oh ... how I hate predictive dialers!  I had many phone calls today from an 800 number that were "silent" when I answered the phone. 

When I tried to call them back, they only identified themselves as "card services" and the computer generated "voice" said that they had identified my account by my phone number.  If the last four digits of the account number they provided were not correct, I should enter "my" account number. 

Excuse me?!?  I don't even know who they are at this point.  However, internet research (isn't it wonderful?) suggested that it was the collections arm of HSBC.  Only HSBC related account we have ever had is an old Best Buy account that was never used and last update was over 7 years ago.

I was on edge after several subsequent phone calls where I got the silent treatment and then was disconnected. Finally ... a human comes on the line!  Asking for someone I know ... but they don't live here.  When I said, "he doesn't live here" she said, "thank you ... bye."  Well ... that was TOO easy!  But I hope it was the end of it.

And ... yes ... I did notify this person that someone was trying to reach them and they really might want to check their Best Buy accounts.  I hope they have all their ducks in a row!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.