Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preferring Chase Over Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Preferring Chase Over Amex

I called Chase today to ask what is the max I can charge on CSP. The rep opened my account info and said I can charge up to 100K if I pif by the end of the month. I told her this was no problem and she proceeded to ask if there was anything else I can be helped with. Very nice and easily understandable.

It seems everytime I call Chase I get an American in Orlando, FL very excited to help but with Amex I get thick accents. Theres also some confusion going on. I was recently approved for a revolver from them. Was told it will be overnighted. Its now been 6 days so I call to ask what happened to the card. They tell me they do not see it in the system and I should call another number. I know im approved because they had to call to verify my identity. On the call they said I was appoved. Add in the beeping of the Amex recording line and it gets quite annoying (IMO). $95 for CSP vs $2500 for Cent and the customer service is the exact opposite you would think it is. Somethings wrong here. I cant imagine the CS on palladium.

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Preferring Chase Over Amex

Chase can be very friendly, I believe most of their call centers cater to US customers and the CSRs for CSP are a higher tier than for the slate. I've actually never talked much to the amex reps. Although I called the number on the back of my card when I was calling to add an additional cardmember. The CSR I got informed me that I ended up in the wrong dept for the zync ( which I thought was odd cause I called the number on my card ). That was my only real dealing with amex.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhopper wrote:
Chase can be very friendly, I believe most of their call centers cater to US customers and the CSRs for CSP are a higher tier than for the slate.

This benefit alone (IMO) is well worth the AF.

Message 3 of 38
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I'm a chase fan but my chase card is SD now with 0 balance due to them closing my account suddenly without warning. Typo while paying a bill from mobile device caused their computer to hate me. They reopened my account but I'm still smarting from that.
FICO 9:

Message 4 of 38
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Both The Platinum Card and The Centurion Card have cardmember services reps in FL, never had an issue with them. Tbh your thread seems more like a chance to mention your $100k limit than anything else Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mxp114 wrote:

Both The Platinum Card and The Centurion Card have cardmember services reps in FL, never had an issue with them. Tbh your thread seems more like a chance to mention your $100k limit than anything else Smiley LOL

Smiley Very Happy YES!

Haha not bragging, just amazed sigs go that high if your able to pif. So not really a limit, just an ability to charge.

On a serious note, I never seem to get an American from American Express. Wrong time of day to call? Is it because I hit 0 when I call in after entering my number? 

Message 6 of 38
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

0 = Peggy?
FICO 9:

Message 7 of 38
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

I have a lowly Amex zync, and I've talked with Amex 5-6x and I've spoke to an American which was very easy to understand. I've heard people say they have spoke to outsourced call center wi Amex but I have never experienced it yet. I love there CS so far every time I've called

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhopper wrote:
0 = Peggy?

Lol no. #0 on the phone's number pad to get a rep on without going through the entire menu.

Message 9 of 38
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Are you calling the number on the back of your card? The 877 Centurion one? That should always direct you to Florida center which exclusively manages Plat/Cent. Yeah $100k is high, I never called to ask mine but would never need that much lol

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.