09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Premature but Wildly Successful App Spree After Car Loan Pre-approval

Message 11 of 16
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

@HiLine wrote:

Awesome plan! Both the 4 new cards and the 1.9% APR car loan sound like killer deals to me! Smiley LOL

Just wondering though, do you know why they didn't approve you instantly? Do you have something not completely favorable on your reports? Robot Happy

I have a ton of inquiries on my Experian which most of them pulled. I now have 16 inquiries on Experian after the spree, however a couple of them are due to fall off next month per 2 year rule. I also have a bunch of new accounts that I opened up last year ~ 9 in total. So I think the computer automatically flags my apps for further review due to those two factors.

The big thing in my favor is the fact that I have a clean report with no derogotory remarks. I have never missed a payment and my reported util is extremely low at around 0.5% out of credit lines totalling of $98, 000+ before the spree.

Message 12 of 16
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Very nice spree, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 13 of 16
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Nice app spree! I see you did recon call with Citi. Can you share what number you used for that call? I tried to recon a card earlier today and got a foreign call center, very scripted. Would love to try again before writing the EO. 

Message 14 of 16
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

@scenery_guy wrote:

Nice app spree! I see you did recon call with Citi. Can you share what number you used for that call? I tried to recon a card earlier today and got a foreign call center, very scripted. Would love to try again before writing the EO. 

Actually Citi wasn't really a recon. I got the pending message then I called the backdoor number the next day. I just couldn't wait for them to process the app on their own time. I think me calling definitely helped though. Smiley Wink

Anyways you can find all the backdoor numbers that I used today here.

Message 15 of 16
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@NewYorkGuy wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

Actually Citi wasn't really a recon. I got the pending message then I called the backdoor number the next day. I just couldn't wait for them to process the app on their own time. I think me calling definitely helped though. Smiley Wink

Anyways you can find all the backdoor numbers that I used today here.

Thanks bro, I will hit them up tomorrow. I got the "application received and we will contact you screen", assuming decline. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.