Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing to call GE Credit Services

tag
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

Preparing to call GE Credit Services

I've been paying down balances to gain CLI's on my cards.  I just paid down a Merrick card to 0 and on the statement date got a $300 increase auto. 

I have 4 GE cards and have not gotten increases on any.  Amazon, Paypal, Walmart and Banana Republic.  I have had 2 for just about a year.  My UTI has been high however and on PayPal I did mistakenly go over my limit but paid in that day.  Oops. 

i'm suprised about each. Walmart is only 6 months old so I understand that.  But it sounds like they are giving them out like crazy.  I have hit the luv button and the notices have said too high uti, too many inqiuries.  this was a few months ago. I've gotten my TU up to upper 600s. a few balances reporting this week should bring it around 690.  

Should I hit the luv button again OR call and ask for a CLI on at least two accounts by $1500?    My PayPal is $500 and Walmart $500 as well..  My highest bank card limit is $2400.  My average limit is $1500.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Preparing to call GE Credit Services

@Ortz33__ wrote:

I've been paying down balances to gain CLI's on my cards.  I just paid down a Merrick card to 0 and on the statement date got a $300 increase auto. 

I have 4 GE cards and have not gotten increases on any.  Amazon, Paypal, Walmart and Banana Republic.  I have had 2 for just about a year.  My UTI has been high however and on PayPal I did mistakenly go over my limit but paid in that day.  Oops. 

i'm suprised about each. Walmart is only 6 months old so I understand that.  But it sounds like they are giving them out like crazy.  I have hit the luv button and the notices have said too high uti, too many inqiuries.  this was a few months ago. I've gotten my TU up to upper 600s. a few balances reporting this week should bring it around 690.  

Should I hit the luv button again OR call and ask for a CLI on at least two accounts by $1500?    My PayPal is $500 and Walmart $500 as well..  My highest bank card limit is $2400.  My average limit is $1500.  

I would call and heve them review all 4 accounts for increases. Shoot high, they will counter offer if your eligible for something lower than asked for.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

should i tell them i am just looking to grow with them and have limits more near my other card limits or should it ell them i want ot make a large purchase?  im not making a large purchase. maybe a vacation in july but i dont intend on any large store purchases. 

Message 3 of 6
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

both walmart and paypal are at 0.  amazon 250/500.  banana also 0 but the limit is only 300

Message 4 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Ortz33__ wrote:

should i tell them i am just looking to grow with them and have limits more near my other card limits or should it ell them i want ot make a large purchase?  im not making a large purchase. maybe a vacation in july but i dont intend on any large store purchases. 

They do not ask about intentions, just what would you like your limit to be and then put you on hold while they review your accounts. If anything is asked I would say you want flexibility to be able to make bigger purchases.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

+1 Like LS stated shoot for the high limits and yes if asked tell them you wish to grow with them because your happy with their products

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.