Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prequalified For Amex Platinum - Denied - Called in and reason has me puzzled

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prequalified For Amex Platinum - Denied - Called in and reason has me puzzled

Hey guys... have been reading here a lot lately... have been rebuilding my credit - currently around 650 average.

I used to have an Amex gold and platinum, but closed them down to identity theft. currenty am an AU on a centurion. I checked the prequalify for personal cards - saw the platinum again (before my score was lower i saw nothing).

So I applied - it went to pending, then denied a few minutes later... when i check this is what it displays:

Sorry, your application cannot be accessed.
Please try again later.

Obviously confused- i have checked across numerous browsers. So i called the automated system, the reason for my denial was given to me as "My COMMERCIAL credit score is too low". Does anyone know what this means?

I am planning to recon this anyways, but this whole thing has me confused.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Prequalified For Amex Platinum - Denied - Called in and reason has me puzzled

Welcome to the forum 

I've never seen that message and what's strange is even if you made a mistake and applied for a business card there based on personal scores so very interesting indeed 

Can you post the link to the pre-approval you used?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Prequalified For Amex Platinum - Denied - Called in and reason has me puzzled

+1

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Link used: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/tools/25330?linknav=us-CCSG-ProspectNav-SpecialOffer...

Here is screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/L1lW8 (couldn't figure out how to upload to this thread) 

Thanks!

Message 4 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

Interesting 

You have 2 things going on 

1) says can't access as in app didn't go through 

2) list commercial which is really weird since you used the right pre-Q for personal apps 

Must admit I'm lost on this one .....sorry 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very interesting waiting for other answers was thinking of alpine for this.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes me too Smiley Sad Like I said, I am eventually going to call in... but kind of wanted to get a better understanding of what is going on here/how to approach a recon on this issue. I did have a Platinum and Gold years ago + the AU.... I know my score isn't *pristine* but we all know Amex has some strange scoring system they go off of. To be honest, I wouldn't have added a hard inquiry if i wasn't showing "prequalified".

Message 7 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes me too Smiley Sad Like I said, I am eventually going to call in... but kind of wanted to get a better understanding of what is going on here/how to approach a recon on this issue. I did have a Platinum and Gold years ago + the AU.... I know my score isn't *pristine* but we all know Amex has some strange scoring system they go off of. To be honest, I wouldn't have added a hard inquiry if i wasn't showing "prequalified".

Hey were you HP'ed?

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://experian.experiandirect.com shows a pull today from AMEX

Message 9 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

I give and that don't happen often sorry Lol

Make the call but be aware 99% chance Amex will pull again 

Good luck 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.