Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prequalified offers are coming in now

tag
lithium78
Established Contributor

Prequalified offers are coming in now

I got a prequalified offer for the GM Card from Capital One.  I'm a Ford guy, so I think I'll pass, but it's nice to be at the point where these offers are coming in for decent cards.  It wasn't long ago that I was stuck with bottom-of-the-barrel cards like Credit One.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Prequalified offers are coming in now

Shows things are improving. Smiley Happy Keep it up!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 8
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

nRe: Prequalified offers are coming in now

When I was 18, I really wanted to get pre-approval offers.  Despite paying on time and in full every single time, I never got one.  Then I turned 21, got 3 new cards, and the pre-approvals flooded my mailbox.  Guess I gotta be careful what I wish for lol!  Not gonna lie though, it made me feel good lol

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 3 of 8
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

come to think of it your right pre approvals started coming in after i turned 21. (discover/chase/cap one)

got a fp one today with a cl of 750! omg 

shredder be callin your name. 

anyways it seems like they wait for after an app spree to actually get to your house  =/ 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 4 of 8
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

come to think of it your right pre approvals started coming in after i turned 21. (discover/chase/cap one)

got a fp one today with a cl of 750! omg 

shredder be callin your name. 

anyways it seems like they wait for after an app spree to actually get to your house  =/ 

OMG, I know.  I applied for the BCE online with the generic "signup bonus" of a $100 statement credit for spending $1000 in the first three months.  A week after I activated the card, I get a BCE prequalified letter in the mail with a signup bonus of a $250 statement credit for spending $1000 in the first three months!  I was like "ARRRRRRGH".

And Discover sent me a preapproval for the More (before I converted it to the IT) after having the card already; TWICE. lol

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 5 of 8
chnceit
Valued Contributor

I love pre approvals when I get them Smiley Wink Its a good feeling when you know they are thinking of you!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 6 of 8
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I get very excited to see preapproval offers rolling in! At first it was junk cards and then it got to be prime lenders. I would have never applied for Amex or FNBO if they had not sent me a preapproval. Now I get prime mixed in with junk cards Cat Very Happy

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 7 of 8
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@snowkitty wrote:

I get very excited to see preapproval offers rolling in! At first it was junk cards and then it got to be prime lenders. I would have never applied for Amex or FNBO if they had not sent me a preapproval. Now I get prime mixed in with junk cards Cat Very Happy

Hey BTW I just received a pre-approval for the FNBO Amex.  How is this card.  The terms they sent me weren't the best so I won't  take it.  14.9 APR and 2 points for grocery and gas. Although 0% apr until 4/14.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.