Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime Cards that pull Transunion

tag
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

Re: Prime Cards that pull Transunion

I have to agree to woopah that it depends on where you live in the USA.  For me, here in Texas, Discover and Juniper pulled TU.  A good site to get an idea of who pulls TU in your state is http://www.whogavemecredit.com or you can go to http://www.financeglobe.com to get an idea of what score is needed for a particular card.  A word of caution with the last website, they tend to overestimate scores required for a particular card.  Good luck!

On a sidenote:  I hope I didn't violate any board rules by posting web links.  If so, please edit accordingily. 

Message 11 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Romeoo47 wrote:

On a sidenote:  I hope I didn't violate any board rules by posting web links.  If so, please edit accordingily. 

Those links are cool.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys for your help - I just applied for a Discover card and was approved with a 2500.00 limit!!

Woot Woot!

Now I have a prime card that hopefully I can better my score over the next year.

New question though, now that I have this, should I close my sub-prime card (Hooters) even though it is my second highest limit. I want to keep my Best Buy card and Target Visa card but they have limits of 650.00 or should I keep the Hooters card and keep enduring the monthly payments.

Message 13 of 17
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Congrats on the Discover approval.  They're not so easy to get so you are doing something RIGHT . . Smiley Wink

As for Hooters, I've had the card for about 1.5 yrs. and it causes me no problems, sitting quietly with others in my sock drawer.  I only let it see sunshine long enough to buy like a newspaper or a smoothie about every 3 mos.  But closing it may affect your score since the CL will no longer be reporting.  Is there a balance on the card?  Are you planning to BT with the new Discover?  In any event, I vote for you to keep the card and the tradeline.  Especially if there is no fee involved.

What say you credit gurus?

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 17
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks guys for your help - I just applied for a Discover card and was approved with a 2500.00 limit!!

Congrats!  I'm just curious what state you live in for Discover to pull TU?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@clocktick wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!  I'm just curious what state you live in for Discover to pull TU?

I'm in CA

Message 16 of 17
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Romeoo47 wrote:

I have to agree to woopah that it depends on where you live in the USA.  For me, here in Texas, Discover and Juniper pulled TU.  A good site to get an idea of who pulls TU in your state is http://www.whogavemecredit.com or you can go to http://www.financeglobe.com to get an idea of what score is needed for a particular card.  A word of caution with the last website, they tend to overestimate scores required for a particular card.  Good luck!

On the other hand, I also live in Texas, & Juniper did NOT pull TU for me, despite many people swearing that they ALWAYS do.  Just FYI.  Smiley Happy

Edited to add:  Now that I think about it, neither did Discover.  Both of them pulled my EQ.

Message Edited by laz98 on 05-09-2009 12:15 AM
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.