Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Change CSP to Chase Freedom

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Product Change CSP to Chase Freedom

This CSP came as the Fairmont card product change.  We already have the CSR, so the CSP is redundant.  The AF is not up yet, but this card has no value af now.  With Chase changing its policy of having just one Sapphire card, this card becomes a liability.  No point to PC it to regular Sapphire since it prevents us from getting another Sapphire card later.

This is going to be the 5th Freedom type card.  Just want to keep it open and keep the $28,000 credit line.  Could be used for the 5% bonus....

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Re: Product Change CSP to Chase Freedom

Your plan makes sense. Your CSR makes the CSP redundant and obsolete. And the CSR/Freedom is a potent UR combination.

When Chase announced its new policy last week, I PC'd my CSP to the CSR. Far better card for those of us who travel a lot. I had previously been denied the CSR due to the 5/24 Rule.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Move the credit line over to your CSR and leave only $5000 on the is PC-ed Freedom. The 5% categories are capped at $1500 a quarter (IIRC) so there's minimal point to keep a high CL on it.
Message 3 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Move the credit line over to your CSR and leave only $5000 on the is PC-ed Freedom. The 5% categories are capped at $1500 a quarter (IIRC) so there's minimal point to keep a high CL on it.

+1

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

+2

Message 5 of 13
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

+3

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

+4
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

+5

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

+7 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I opened my CSR, I moved most of my CSP credit line over to the CSR and turned my CSP into a Freedom Unlimited. Haven't looked back since.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.