cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Change - Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature to Hilton Reserve? Any Luck?

tag
hunter399
New Contributor

Product Change - Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature to Hilton Reserve? Any Luck?

Hey All - 

Has anyone had any luck with a product change from a Hilton Hnors Visa Signature to their HIlton Honors Reserve card? 

Citi recently changed their linup slightly, added the Reserve card ... but the normal Visa Signature does not have a annual fee now, which mine does. Reserve Card gives gold status - I stay slightly less than enough to earn Gold - would like to jump up to the reserve card. If They wouldn't upgrade me to the reserve card, would they flip me to the current visa signature (which i essentially have now), but without a annual fee? 

Anyone have luck here? 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
hemi961
Regular Contributor

Re: Product Change - Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature to Hilton Reserve? Any Luck?

I did it last summer on the day the Reserve card was announced.  It only took a few minutes but they have a 45 day period for you to change your mind and the card won't be sent until that date has passed.  When you make the change, they'll give you the date it will become effective.  This is assuming that you've had your current card for at least a year.

Message 2 of 16
hunter399
New Contributor

Re: Product Change - Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature to Hilton Reserve? Any Luck?

Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

Did they pull a bureau? Or just go off internal data? What was your util on the card when you did the pc?

Thanks!
Message 3 of 16
hemi961
Regular Contributor

No HP, not sure what the utilization was at the time. 

Message 4 of 16
Epcot
Valued Contributor

I am thinking of trying to PC my Citi AAdvantage Amex to the Citi Hilton HHonors reserve card in the next couple months. So this is good info.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 16
LesWH
Established Contributor

@Epcot wrote:
I am thinking of trying to PC my Citi AAdvantage Amex to the Citi Hilton HHonors reserve card in the next couple months. So this is good info.

I called them about that and you can definitely do it.  I couldn't because I haven't had my Citi AAdvantage Amex a year yet....

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 6 of 16
hunter399
New Contributor

UPDATE - 

I did this PC - absolutely no issues - here are the details. 

Called early last week, I forget the day, but lets call it Monday. Spoke to the rep, she was very nice. She searched their system, said I was eligible for the swap, read a ridiculously long disclaimer, and away we went. 

Someone else mentioned that there is a 45 day wait, and the card WILL NOT be shipped until 45 days has passed. This was NOT my experience. I received the new card within 5 days. The Citi agent said I can switch back w/in 45 days, but I have a reserve account immediately at the time of change. 

Some details: 

- My util on the card was about 75% at the time I made the PC. I was a bit worried about this, but never came up. I have since paid it down a bit. Actually, I had the CSR make a large payment while I had her on the phone. 

- Got the new card within 7 days of making the call - new card had the same number as the old, but different expiration date (2 years later). 

- My HH status flipped from silver to gold w/in 2 days of making the call. 

Another interesting tidbit - but use caution here - the HH Reserve card has a $95 AF. I believe my HH Visa Signature Card had a $95 AF as well, when I got it, but the AF was removed when the Reserve Card was announced. When I got the card yesterday, the letter that the card comes attached to had some "facts" at the top, account number, number of issued cars, and annual fee. Much to my surprise, the AF shows $0. Wonder if this is a printing error? I'm certainly not going to call them to inquire. Time will tell... 

Message 7 of 16
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Thanks for sharing this info.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 8 of 16
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

...attaching myself to this thread. I wanna read this!!

Message 9 of 16
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info hunter399. I also called last week to change my Citi AA Amex to the Hilton HHonors Reserve card. They told me it would be 45 days, and until then I could continue using my amex card.
When I get the new Hilton card and activate it, that is when I will no longer be able to use the Amex. They had to change account numbers for the Amex-Visa conversion.

My only problem is my statement cut and I wanted to pay my balance off. However I cannot make a payment online or over the phone. When I call they say it would be a couple days for the system to allow me to make a payment, but tomorrow will mark a week. They have escalated and should get back to me shortly.

I also just received an email from Citi saying my Hilton HHonors statement has been generated (Along with the new account number and my old member since date), but I cannot link my new account, although everytime I log in it offers me the option to do so. Hope it gets resolved soon so I can make my payment.

Edit- I also forgot, when I requested the change I offered to give them my Hilton Honors number, but the nice lady insisted that when I call to activate my new card that's when I give my Hilton number. Doesn't sound right to me. But I got the same answer from two different people. We'll see. I hope they don't issue me a new account with Hilton.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.