cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Change - Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature to Hilton Reserve? Any Luck?

tag
hunter399
New Contributor

Re: Product Change - Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature to Hilton Reserve? Any Luck?

Interesting - maybe there are some differences between PC's from other Citi products and a Hilton-to-Hilton PC. 

Message 11 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Product Change - Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature to Hilton Reserve? Any Luck?

I would keep the T&C sheet that says $0 annual fee in case they try to hit you with one. You can say your sheet said no AF.
Message 12 of 16
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Just a quick update on my situation. I got a call back and was told the reason why I am unable to make a payment on my amex is because it is considered 'changed/closed' by Citi and I will be able to make a payment once I get the new card and activate it.

I voiced my concern regarding the 45 day period I was told it would take before the PC took effect and they informed me that my new HHonors Reserve card had already been mailed to me.
So once I get it and activate it, I have to register it online with a different login, can't use my current one anymore. Then I will be able to make a payment. We'll see.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 13 of 16
hunter399
New Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
I would keep the T&C sheet that says $0 annual fee in case they try to hit you with one. You can say your sheet said no AF.

to be fair, the card had a AF, and I acknowledge that. It would be nice if there was a glitch and it was "lost in the shuffle", but idk if its worth going to battle over. 

I'll keep everyone posted on that, though. 

Message 14 of 16
hunter399
New Contributor

Updated on the $95 AF:

Got an updated Terms / Conditions and Fact Sheet in the mail yesterday (a day after the card), with a letter thanking me for my business, and thanking me for changing products. The letter said "your new card will be in the mail within 10-14 days" (oops, already received it?) and basically if I decide w/in 45 days that I do not want the new product, I can switch back. 

There was also a new Fact Sheet, indicating the $95 AF. 

I believe the mix-up was due to the fact that the fee isn't due until 45 days, so it wasn't printed on the sheet the card came on. 

Message 15 of 16
ycm
Established Member

This is good info for sure. I sent a secure message to see if I can convert my thank you Amex to the hilton reserve. Hoping the Amex to visa account conversion is doable.
Amex Delta Gold | Amex BCE | BofA Travel Visa Sig | Discover IT | Fidelity Visa | REI Visa Sig
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.