@Anonymous wrote:

What are your scores?

FICO

Equifax (myFico) on 8/4/2011:  766

FAKO

Experian (PLUS 330-830) on 6/25/2011:  748

TransUnion (CreditKarma) on 8/3/2011:  765

What number did you call?

I'll prolly wait till my scores rebound from new CCs added but would like to have it hady so I can call after a while once my scores are back in the mid 700s again.

I called the number on the back of the card.  My original intent was to get a CLI and lower rate.

First call- I spent 10 minutes with the CSR who "understands" and "is very sorry to hear that".  I finally asked to talk to someone who could actually help me, and he transferred me.  The woman who answered was able to bump up my limit w/o a hard pull, but said she couldnt do anything about the interest.  I thanked her and hung up.

Immediately after, I called the number on the card again, and asked for a PC.  They said the card could be turned into Freedom or Sapphire.  I don't know if it was related to the recent CLI or not, but they let me do it. 

I took your advice and called the number on my card and they converted the card to a chase freedom card! Smiley Happy YAYyyyyyyyyy!

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Product Change from Slate to Freedom -- very easy/BofA uses TU

@MagicShot wrote:

I took your advice and called the number on my card and they converted the card to a chase freedom card! Smiley Happy YAYyyyyyyyyy!

Congrats!

Message 22 of 30
android01
Valued Contributor

Like many others, I'm a former WAMU customer whose story is similar regarding rate jacking and CLD.   I successfully product changed from Slate to Sapphire.  I inquired about lowering my rate and the CSR said to "call back after August 12th.  That's when your account is next reviewed."   I'm not sure what that means, but I'll be making the call in a few days.  If I can't get them to reduce the rate, back into the sock drawer it goes, and it'll stay active by a Netflix auto payment of $10.70 in perpetuity.  Smiley Very Happy  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 23 of 30
slarano
Frequent Contributor

I received a letter today from Chase. My Flexible Rewards card is being converted to a Chase Freedom card. I did not solicit this change, and all my card terms stay the same. I don't use the card, but I may use it as a charge card for small expenses and pay it off several times a month just to appease them a little bit. Smiley Happy

ImageImageImage

Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

For those of you with the high APR Chase/WAMU cards, if you have another regular chase card, you can try to do a reallocation to the chase card.  I did that for my Chase/WAMU card to my Freedom card.  They reallocated the credit limit, and didn't bring the APR with it, which was 12% higher than my new Freedom card.  Closed my Chase/WAMU card to get the full limit transferred over. No hard pull. Front line CS probably won't do it, you'll have to call lending services to get it done quick and simple.  Took all of 5 minutes for the rep to process it.  All changes showed up a few minutes later.

Also to note, it was maybe 2 months ago I did this.

Message 25 of 30
slarano
Frequent Contributor

I have a Chase United Plus card and was told that I could not reallocate the CL to another card since it was an airline miles rewards card. I would like to transfer it to my newly minted Freedom card, if possible. Both cards have the same high APR, would just like one Chase card since I have no use for an airline miles rewards card that also has an annual fee that I just paid. 

ImageImageImage

Message 26 of 30
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For those of you with the high APR Chase/WAMU cards, if you have another regular chase card, you can try to do a reallocation to the chase card.  I did that for my Chase/WAMU card to my Freedom card.  They reallocated the credit limit, and didn't bring the APR with it, which was 12% higher than my new Freedom card.  Closed my Chase/WAMU card to get the full limit transferred over. No hard pull. Front line CS probably won't do it, you'll have to call lending services to get it done quick and simple.  Took all of 5 minutes for the rep to process it.  All changes showed up a few minutes later.

I think it's a good way to go, baring in mind you will lose the history from your other card(s) which will affect AAOA.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 30
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@CreditMuppet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it's a good way to go, baring in mind you will lose the history from your other card(s) which will affect AAOA.

The history should stay on your report for 10 years and still count toward your AAOA.  The AAOA of acounts will decrease, however, from adding a new card.  This is unless they "convert" it on your CR and just change the name. In that case, there would be no decrease whatsoever.
11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Message 28 of 30
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

Sorry, I should have been more specific, yes the old account history will report for up to 10 years, but you will still have a new account, with new history, unlike a Product change.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Message 29 of 30
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

I can't product change from my Slate to a Freedom for the life of me. I called 4 times in the last 6 weeks. No go. They say it's random but for the most part they can't do it. No other reason. My Slate is a true Slate card, meaning it is NOT an old WaMu card. Frustrating. I can't have a hard pull because I am buying a house/car soon.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.