Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Change on oldest card

tag
aav
Established Contributor

Product Change on oldest card

I have many cards.. my oldest is the citi diamond preferred.. it’s also the card with the lowest credit limit, but that’s beside the point. I don’t use the card much but don’t want to cancel it because  I know credit age is a factor in my credit score. My question is, if I product change to citi rewards, will that be the same as cancelling? How will that affect my score?

EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ficosuave
Contributor

Re: Product Change on oldest card

PC'ing with Citi may result in a new card number, but all of your account history and age will be retained.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ficosuave wrote:

PC'ing with Citi may result in a new card number, but all of your account history and age will be retained.

2nd this.

Message 3 of 5
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Citi can occasionally do weird things. When I PCed from AA Platinum Select to Costco, they kept the older account open, but also created a new account on my EQ with the date of the PC. EX and TU just show the older account.

I never bothered to dispute it as it never harmed an app.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ficosuave wrote:

My experience with Citi and several PCs since 2001 shows an 18 year history with the card.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.