cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Change w/BofA-how long does it take? UPDATE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Product Change with BofA, how long does it really take?

I dont know what takes sooo long either.  Mine took 5 weeks. It must be that they prioritize new card members, they figure we already have a card to give them money.  The CSR told me I could continue you use my old card until the new one came.
Message 21 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, they told me that too. The thing is my old card is not a rewards card and my new one will be. I have 2 other rewards cards to use instead...so I'm not pumping a dime through this BofA card until it's giving me something back!  Until then, Chase and Discover are getting all the love! Smiley Very Happy
Message 22 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Semi-update:  I just logged on to BofA and my credit card is now showing up as: BankAmericard Rewards Platinum Plus Visa    <----What the heck card is this? Is this what Worldpoints look like?  Maybe they gave me something better...yeah sure...they hate me. Smiley Very Happy

The account number is still the same as my old account number, so maybe they haven't changed that yet. But atleast I see some progress.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 08-19-2008 10:32 AM
Message 23 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

*shameless bump*

Can't find this Americard product on the BofA website. Did a search here and what pops up is very limited. I was told that I would get an extra % of rewards due to the fact that I have a checking/savings account with them. Is this the only difference between this card and the Worldpoints?

Anyone know?

Message 24 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
*shameless bump*

Can't find this Americard product on the BofA website. Did a search here and what pops up is very limited. I was told that I would get an extra % of rewards due to the fact that I have a checking/savings account with them. Is this the only difference between this card and the Worldpoints?

Anyone know?

I asked the BOA CSR about the Americard too and they didn't know what I was talking about. The kept asking me if it was the BOA Amex.

I just requested them to give me the WorldPoints instead because they didn't know about BOA's first credit card.
Message 25 of 43
dizzier
Established Contributor

yeh that card is supposed to give you an addition quater reward point.

here is an old article:

http://www.bankrate.com/yho/story_content.asp?story_uid=23582&prodtype=cc

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 26 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the article. I thought I remembered the Americard as an old card, but was so confused when there seemed to be limited information about it on the forum and nothing on their website.

So, I suppose then, this is a good thing..and isn't considered a lessor card than the Worldpoints Mastercard I was expecting?

Also, do all BofA platinum cards have a concierge, or is it limited to certain cards?  The article you posted makes this statement about the Americard version:

"a concierge service for "impossible-to-get dinner reservations to the best tee times,"
Message 27 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Solarjuju wrote:

I asked the BOA CSR about the Americard too and they didn't know what I was talking about. The kept asking me if it was the BOA Amex.

I just requested them to give me the WorldPoints instead because they didn't know about BOA's first credit card.

That's really frustrating isn't it? There are so many CSR that work for banks/ccc that are truly clueless about credit in general and even their own companies products.
Message 28 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone else is interested I found a press release on BofA site about this Bank Americard Visa, it's basically the same as the old article, but has it all outlined. I'm most interested in being able to see what the concierge is like and if there are any added warranty protections similar to that of Amex...Overall though, looks like the highest rewards card you can get with them, so I think maybe I lucked out...??

Message 29 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alrighty it came today.  So, about 3 1/2 weeks I guess. Not bad considering how long it took for many others. It is the BankAmericard. I gather it's basically the same as Worldpoints, but with an extra .25% for each $1 spent and then a .25% annual bonus if I maintain my BofA accounts.  So.....   .5% more than standard WP card...I'm pretty happy about that.
Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.