cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Change w/BofA-how long does it take? UPDATE

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Product Change with BofA, how long does it really take?

@Anonymous wrote:
Alrighty it came today.  So, about 3 1/2 weeks I guess. Not bad considering how long it took for many others. It is the BankAmericard. I gather it's basically the same as Worldpoints, but with an extra .25% for each $1 spent and then a .25% annual bonus if I maintain my BofA accounts.  So.....   .5% more than standard WP card...I'm pretty happy about that.

Good deal. I'm hoping to switch my WP card to that, but so far I've been getting the "no way" CSR's. Oh well, it can be my new hobby, I suppose.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 31 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Good deal. I'm hoping to switch my WP card to that, but so far I've been getting the "no way" CSR's. Oh well, it can be my new hobby, I suppose.

Ironically, I usually get told "no way" by BofA. In this case, I asked for WP and got something better, go figure! Smiley Very Happy

Now if I could only figure out how to access the WP website. I can't log on, it's asking for some type of WP account number, which isn't my cc number, so I don't know what they want....

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 08-22-2008 04:10 PM
Message 32 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forget where I read about it but Bank Americard is I believe the first ever revolving credit card.

Thinking about another product change since I now have amex blue, usaa amex, and the bofa accelerated rewards amex. Though my last was recent so I'll give them a break for awhile.

Americard seems to be the highest reward level card they have matching the 1.25% on the amex plus that .25% bonus. But yeah there was a flash link on the BofA website awhile back can't seem to find it again. Seems to be their "secret" card.
Message 33 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, you are right it was their first credit card. They discontinued it a long time ago and brought it back almost 2 years ago. Though for some reason it's not featured on their website and all I can find about it is a few articles online from when it was first released again. No card reviews, nothing else. I can not for the life of me figure out how to look around on the world points site. Maybe I will be getting something else in the mail with an account number or something, because there doen't seem to be any place to sign up either, they immediately ask for your account #, last name and zip code. Though the acct # they ask for is not the same as your CC#, I've tried that already.
Message 34 of 43
dizzier
Established Contributor

try this:

select the americard account
select the rewards tab
scroll down to the bottom and click on the rewards yourself banner

that should get you in.

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 35 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

dizzier wrote:
try this:

select the americard account
select the rewards tab
scroll down to the bottom and click on the rewards yourself banner

that should get you in.

Haha. You are awesome. That worked! I guess I'm just not used to seeing a rewards tab. Never had one of those before. I completely overlooked it! Thanks so much!
Message 36 of 43
tkshk
Established Member

UpUpUp, can I ask some questions?

When you asked for the product change, did they pull reports? Were you able to keep the old account opening date? Did the card number change? Did they change the old APR?

I have two regular Platinum Plus Visa cards and am thinking of product changes. BankAmeriCard seems to have a good rewards and I am jealous now.
Message 37 of 43
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

When you do product change with BOA you'll keep the old account history. They are pretty good about that. I did product change 3 times so far on my card.

tkshk wrote:

When you asked for the product change, did they pull reports? Were you able to keep the old account opening date? Did the card number change? Did they change the old APR?

I have two regular Platinum Plus Visa cards and am thinking of product changes. BankAmeriCard seems to have a good rewards and I am jealous now.

Message 38 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Product Change w/BofA-how long does it take? UPDATE

I'm still waiting on my card - 2 weeks now. I noticed that BOA pulled TU today (maybe because I requested a CLI yesterday, not sure).
Message 39 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Somehow I missed this. Sorry. 

tkshk wrote:

Yes, I did keep the tradeline. I actually watched it transition over through truecredit. I saw Experian was the first to show the new account # and was the first to stop reporting the old one.  And, it seemless completed within a weeks time by all 3 bureaus. It's as if my old account number never existed but the new number took it's place. All the history is exactly the same, just a new account number. 
Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.