Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Changing Chase Hotel co-branded cards

tag
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

Product Changing Chase Hotel co-branded cards

Is this possible? Can I product change a Priority Club Visa to a Hyatt Visa? Thanks...

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Product Changing Chase Hotel co-branded cards

@SuperKirby wrote:

Is this possible? Can I product change a Priority Club Visa to a Hyatt Visa? Thanks...

you can, if the account is >13 months.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 9
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

nice, thanks.

Message 3 of 9
RhubarbPie
New Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

Why would you want to do that when the Hyatt card has a such a valuable signup bonus right now? My husband and I each redeemed our 4 combined nights for rooms in Japan that are over 500 a night. That's basically a $22-2400 signup bonus, plus the $50 statement credit for each of us. If you want the Hyatt card, I would just make a new application for it.

Message 4 of 9
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@RhubarbPie

Yes you make a great point and I see that. I am, unfortunately, obsessed with not wanting a hard inquiry. Plus I still earn tons of UR points which let me redeem at any Park Hyatt. So my loss on a nice sign up bonus because I am anal with that =(

Message 5 of 9
RhubarbPie
New Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

@RhubarbPie

Yes you make a great point and I see that. I am, unfortunately, obsessed with not wanting a hard inquiry. Plus I still earn tons of UR points which let me redeem at any Park Hyatt. So my loss on a nice sign up bonus because I am anal with that =(

:-/ Well think about it for sure before you do it, because you'll disqualify yourself from the bonus pretty much forever, until Chase changes the product in some way. Depending on your situation, one inquiry shouldnt effect you very much (it sounds like you dont have very many inquiries, based on what you're saying). We have a lot of UR points too, but I was super happy just getting the 4 nights in Japan for free instead of parting with close to 90K (very valuable) UR points for them.

Message 6 of 9
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@RhubarbPie - Yes when the time is near, I will definately think about it still and talk with the GF about it. But most likely will upgrade mine and make her get a new one, lol.

Message 7 of 9
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

@RhubarbPie - Yes when the time is near, I will definately think about it still and talk with the GF about it. But most likely will upgrade mine and make her get a new one, lol.

The sign up bonus is the best part of the card IMHO. It is 2 nights at any Hyatt anywhere. (even the one in Paris that costs about $1000 per night). If your GF is going to apply anyway, then wait to do yours until you are willing to take one little HP for up to $2000 worth of free nights and what might be your highest CL. When I apped they gave me a CL that was higher than any I had. If you PC you will not get the huge CL.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 8 of 9
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@crunching_numbers - lol man looks like everyone is telling me to take the HP! The two free nights is awesome yes, but it's "only" 44K UR points which I already have, and lots of it. So I see it as earning a free 44 UR points upon sign up. Similar to me getting the 50K UR sign up with my CSP.  But yes, i'll still think about it harder when time comes near. thanks

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.