09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Product Changing the Chase Freedom

Message 11 of 16
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Alright, here is my credit profile:

Income: $32,000 from standard employment (pharmacy), around $4000-5000 paid by university for tutoring/TA in math department, and various income for volunteering for research in the psychology department. I also live with my partner, who is a RN, which brings up our household income.

Years at job: 1.5

No student loans; full academic scholarship.

On my report: the cards, AU on my dad's Amex, small personal loan from CU that has been paid off.

No baddies.

Sorry to startle, but I'm doing okay financially (better than most 18 year olds). No need to worry. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 13 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:
 I'm not advocating anything, but as I evaluate my own credit profile, I realize how much I value a HP versus a signup bonus. My thought process has developed into this: I have good credit, so I want to use that to my benefit. If I try to keep my AAoA at this perfect level, I will never get any benefit from my great credit. So I'm going to be using it, and letting time fix all my stupid mistakes.

Best of luck in making your decision!

Right!  Perhaps not too surprising on a Fico forum, but sometimes there seems to be a little too much score worship, especially those that want to get to 800+.   Scores are a means rather than an end: as you use your credit your score will likely go down a little, but that's fine!  As SnackTrader says, there is no real point in having great credit if you don't use it for anything.

Message 14 of 16
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Excellent points, but for me, it's probably best to score worship and let my accounts age for a bit instead of applying (read a couple posts back Smiley Tongue). But I understand what you're saying and I definitely agree, but being so new to credit, I should probably rest on my portfolio that I'm quite content with and think about the SW (or another travel card) after a stint in the garden. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 16
Luscher
Valued Contributor

keep the freedom. the UR points are worth 1000000 times as much as any other card. especialy the discover. I can put the same amount throuh my freedom and I do my IT card and my freedom always comes out on top. especially since you can transfer them to the Sapphire.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.