Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change Amex Blue to Amex EveryDay

tag
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

Product change Amex Blue to Amex EveryDay

Okay so today I chatted with an Amex rep and requested a product change from an American Express Blue card to American Express EveryDay card. After a few minutes the rep said "I have good news", apparently my account qualified for the product change. I asked the rep if this was to the EveryDay card, and not the https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/amex-everyday . The rep said yep and asked me if I wanted to proceed with the product change.

The funny thing my account did not update to reflect the change. Does this usually happen?

Anyway goodluck on your product changes!

Starting Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 757 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Current Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Goal Score:     EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
In my wallet:  $16,000  $8,000
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Product change Amex Blue to Amex EveryDay

@HenryJumbo wrote:

Okay so today I chatted with an Amex rep and requested a product change from an American Express Blue card to American Express EveryDay card. After a few minutes the rep said "I have good news", apparently my account qualified for the product change. I asked the rep if this was to the EveryDay card, and not the https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/amex-everyday . The rep said yep and asked me if I wanted to proceed with the product change.

The funny thing my account did not update to reflect the change. Does this usually happen?

Anyway goodluck on your product changes!

That would be good news back in august and i asked bout bce to ed card and they weren't able to do it. At that time there were no cards that you could pc to everyday versions. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 23
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

That is interesting as I tried to PC my BCP to ED yesterday and I was told there are no PC to ED yet. So I changed to BCE instead.  My card instantly changed to BCE and it was visible online. I hope for you that the PC did work out Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 23
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

That is interesting as I tried to PC my BCP to ED yesterday and I was told there are no PC to ED yet. So I changed to BCE instead.  My card instantly changed to BCE and it was visible online. I hope for you that the PC did work out Smiley Happy

I did the same, but instead just applied for and EDP instead. Will move my BCE CL to EDP when i am eligible. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 23
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Thats great news! I really hope i can switch my BCP to an EDP.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 5 of 23
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

*update*

I see the pc on my account. Yay
Message 6 of 23
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Well...I'm upset

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Message 7 of 23
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

Patience young grasshopper. This isn't the first time I requested the pc. I would just say be persistant.

Message 8 of 23
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@HenryJumbo wrote:

Patience young grasshopper. This isn't the first time I requested the pc. I would just say be persistant.

I've requested my share of PCs too. I don't think thats the what it was. Well, i'lll find out in the morning lol.

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm upset I signed up for the card earlier in Oct and the Amazon offer wasn't there. I just called to see if they can honor it and she said she'll put in a request but I doubt it.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.