Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change Amex BlueCash to PRG

tag
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

Product change Amex BlueCash to PRG

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to product change my American Express Blue Cash Everyday card to the American Express Gold Card? 

Thank you!

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Product change Amex BlueCash to PRG

@mattayy wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to product change my American Express Blue Cash Everyday card to the American Express Gold Card? 

Thank you!

No Product changes must remain in the same rewards structure and also must be in the same card type (credit vs charge).

Your PC options are BCE, BCP and the Cash magnet

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 2 of 5
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

You won’t be able to do that. The BCE is a cashback credit card and the Gold is a MR charge card. If you want the Gold, go for it! Probably only a SP anyway.
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 5
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

I got my BCE a couple months ago - would they use that credit report for it? 

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 4 of 5
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Once you are an existing Amex cardholder. New accounts are usually only a SP.
This of course is YMMV. You have a better chance of a SP if your credit profile is better.
Those with low 600’s scores will likely experience hard pulls.

Amex pulls your credit once a statement per card. So they have current reports on you, they will normally use those when new accounts are considered.

I personally experienced several HP’s from Amex until my score went over 680 and then future apps were SP

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.