cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change CSP to Freedom with a balance on it?

tag
Budoka
New Contributor

Product change CSP to Freedom with a balance on it?

I am considering PC'ing my CSP to Freedom Unlimited. Do I have to pay off the existing balance on the CSP first or will the balance carry over to the new card, Freedom, when PCing? Interest aside, is there an advantage or disadvantage to not paying it down to 0$ first?

2 REPLIES 2
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Product change CSP to Freedom with a balance on it?

@Budoka wrote:

I am considering PC'ing my CSP to Freedom Unlimited. Do I have to pay off the existing balance on the CSP first or will the balance carry over to the new card, Freedom, when PCing? Interest aside, is there an advantage or disadvantage to not paying it down to 0$ first?

In the past I've never had a problem doing a PC with a balance; actually most issuers will instruct you to continue to use your old card until you receive the new one since usually they are the same card number, anyway.

I can't think of an advantage to getting the balance to exactly $0 before a PC... perhaps others will have feedback on that.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Budoka
New Contributor

Re: Product change CSP to Freedom with a balance on it?

@UncleB wrote:

@Budoka wrote:

In the past I've never had a problem doing a PC with a balance; actually most issuers will instruct you to continue to use your old card until you receive the new one since usually they are the same card number, anyway.

I can't think of an advantage to getting the balance to exactly $0 before a PC... perhaps others will have feedback on that.  Smiley Happy

Thank you. I appreciate the information. Still contemplating the PC pre or post payment.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.