cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change a Cap1 QS1 to...?

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Product change a Cap1 QS1 to...?

Real quick...I have a super thin file with only two revolvers right now, QS1 and Venture1. Also have Amex Gold and Amex BBP but neither shows as a revolver in my CR. I don’t want or need the QS1 anymore or it’s $39 fee. I had discussed on here before about combining it into my Venture1 but don’t want to lose a card in my file or it’s age as it’s my oldest at 17 months. What no AF card can I PC the QS1 to easily?  

Also, I’ve asked this in another topic but any suggestions for a third revolver for me with scores in the 680-695 range?  

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Valued Contributor

Re: Product change a Cap1 QS1 to...?

@james3332 wrote:

Real quick...I have a super thin file with only two revolvers right now, QS1 and Venture1. Also have Amex Gold and Amex BBP but neither shows as a revolver in my CR. I don’t want or need the QS1 anymore or it’s $39 fee. I had discussed on here before about combining it into my Venture1 but don’t want to lose a card in my file or it’s age as it’s my oldest at 17 months. What no AF card can I PC the QS1 to easily?  

Also, I’ve asked this in another topic but any suggestions for a third revolver for me with scores in the 680-695 range?  

Easily? None, I call this card the dead end card because it's hard to PC out of, you can use the upgrade link or call in and ask what is available, it's improbable but not impossible, doesn't hurt to try though, do you feel lucky?

Message 2 of 7
Regular Contributor

@oldman87 wrote:

@james3332 wrote:

Easily? None, I call this card the dead end card because it's hard to PC out of, you can use the upgrade link or call in and ask what is available, it's improbable but not impossible, doesn't hurt to try though, do you feel lucky?

That was my fear. Can’t complain though...they gave me a card with a $300 CL when nobody would. Gave me an automatic CLI to $500 after six months then another automatic CLI to $2k after another six months. They’ve been good to me. Will just wait till I get a couple more cards opened then combine it into my Venture1. Btw there is no option to upgrade in the menu. Just transfer a balance and request a CLI. 

Message 3 of 7
Valued Contributor

Message 4 of 7
Regular Contributor

So, when I try that link it does indeed offer to upgrade me to the QS. However it says my current card is the Venture1, not the QS1. How can I get the option to upgrade my QS1 and not Venture1? Oh, it also gives me the option to upgrade my Venture1 to...a Venture1. And I get to keep my $7k CL to boot! Great.
How can I get it to upgrade my QS1? Ugh.
Message 5 of 7

@james3332 wrote:
So, when I try that link it does indeed offer to upgrade me to the QS. However it says my current card is the Venture1, not the QS1. How can I get the option to upgrade my QS1 and not Venture1? Oh, it also gives me the option to upgrade my Venture1 to...a Venture1. And I get to keep my $7k CL to boot! Great.
How can I get it to upgrade my QS1? Ugh.

In that case you'll have to call (or use online chat, if available).

I had the same issue when I wanted to PC my Venture One to a Savor back in the summer... the link only gave me the option for one of my other cards, but a CSR was able to do it for me.

Message 6 of 7
Regular Contributor

Perfect. Thanks. I’ll give it a try tomorrow!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.