Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change advice needed.

tag
asanch12
Contributor

Product change advice needed.

hi all,

i had the accelerated points Amex, but since i already had 2 amex cards i decided to change to one of their visas.  so i was allowed to do it.  Now i have the bankamericard cash rewards signature. The problem is that it doesnt report a credit limit.  does anyone know which BofA cards do? i want to product change again.

thank you!

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 688
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

Re: Product change advice needed.

asanch12 wrote:

hi all,

i had the accelerated points Amex, but since i already had 2 amex cards i decided to change to one of their visas.  so i was allowed to do it.  Now i have the bankamericard cash rewards signature. The problem is that it doesnt report a credit limit.  does anyone know which BofA cards do? i want to product change again.

thank you!

When I called BoA to complain about the lack of CL reporting, the CSR said the only way was to switch to the Platinum Visa Card.  They said it would be a new card/account.

This is common with the Visa Signature cards, but differs from company to company in how they report CL.  From what I can see on my EQ at least is that the highest reported balance becomes the CL for purposes of Util.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 2 of 6
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

My understanding is that for accounts with a CL over $5000 BOA issues the 'signature' version of the card, you will need to try PC that card to the Platinum version if you want the CL to report.  I dont see why they wouldnt let you do that.

For what its worth I have recently PC'd to the BankAmericard Cash rewards and may well end up in the same situation.  I assume your CL was over $5k right?

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 6
asanch12
Contributor

yeah that kinda sucks, thanks!

Message 4 of 6
asanch12
Contributor

Yes, its over 5k.   im going to call and see what they say

Message 5 of 6
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

My BoA accelerated rewards AMEX (22K) reports the credit line and my BoA Power Rewards VISA (12K) reports the limit.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.