Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change from Alliant Platinum Rewards to Visa Signature Rewards

tag
Azza
Regular Contributor

Product change from Alliant Platinum Rewards to Visa Signature Rewards

Called in to get a product change from my Alliant Platinum Rewards to the Signature Cash Back Rewards card. While it took an hour and a half to get it done (opening a checking account and hold times etc) it was done without any credit pulls or checks.

I surrendered 8.7 cents to the man for this (they take your rewards when you product change).

Anyway, yay! Sidenote: I have to have $1000 in their checking account AND I need to make a direct deposit of anything each month (so like, a buck) AND I need e-statements on FOR A QUARTER to receive the benefits IN October. Which are only $10,000 at 2.5% each quarter. Sheesh! But yay, new card coming! Let's hope a new unicorn comes around soon to replace AOD, as I missed that train...

Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Re: Product change from Alliant Platinum Rewards to Visa Signature Rewards

Congrats on your Alliant product change

Message 2 of 10
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

👍 Congrats on the PC! 😞 Sad to hear you had to conceded your rewards to accomplish this.
Message 3 of 10
DJRobbieD
Regular Contributor

@Azza FYI, the 2.5% cash back applies to the first $10,000 spent during each billing cycle, not quarter

D64166E9-A717-4B89-8635-05114AD70D03.jpeg

TCL: $397.4k
Message 4 of 10
ThomasJNewton
Frequent Contributor

Been a member at Alliant for years (they used to be the United Air Lines Credit Union). Was sad when they closed most of their branches. At $10,000 a month, it is much more interesting, than the $10,000 a year I thought it was. Need to consider it. :-)

Congrats on your product change.

Message 5 of 10
azdude480
Established Member

@Azza wrote:

Called in to get a product change from my Alliant Platinum Rewards to the Signature Cash Back Rewards card. While it took an hour and a half to get it done (opening a checking account and hold times etc) it was done without any credit pulls or checks.

I surrendered 8.7 cents to the man for this (they take your rewards when you product change).

Anyway, yay! Sidenote: I have to have $1000 in their checking account AND I need to make a direct deposit of anything each month (so like, a buck) AND I need e-statements on FOR A QUARTER to receive the benefits IN October. Which are only $10,000 at 2.5% each quarter. Sheesh! But yay, new card coming! Let's hope a new unicorn comes around soon to replace AOD, as I missed that train...

Congratulations on the product change! Not knowing anything about Alliant, I was like, "won't they let you open up a savings and let  the $1,000 sit in there so you can at least recover that 8.7 cents back in interest?" (Ha.) But looking at the site, it looks like the Checking has an APY on it. Cool stuff!

***Lurker since 2012. Member since 2022.***
Primary Cards:
Amex BlueAmex EverydayCapital One KohlsCapital One Quicksilver MastercardCapital One Quicksilver MastercardCapital One VentureOneCapital One Walmart MastercardCardless Boston Celtics MastercardCeltic Bank AMC Stubs Visa SignatureChase Amazon Prime Rewards Visa SignatureCiti BestBuy Visa SignatureComenity BH PaybooComenity Sportsmans WarehouseComenity Victorias SecretComenity ZalesCurae Banner HealthDiscover ITDiscover ITGoldman Sachs Apple MastercardGoldman Sachs GM MastercardPenFed Pathfinder Visa SignaturePenFed Platinum Rewards Visa SignaturePenFed PowerCash Visa SignatureSynchrony Bank Verizon Visa SignatureTD Nordstrom Visa PlatinumTD Target MastercardWebBank Dell PreferredWebBank Gemini World MastercardWebBank Petal 2

Authorized User Cards:
Barclays Old NavyCapital One SavorOne MastercardChase Freedom Flex UnlimitedWells Fargo Active Cash

***Total Credit Limit: $272,400***
***In the garden until July 2025.***
Message 6 of 10
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

@Azza wrote:

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I have the Platinum Rewards card as well and  I have been wondering if I could PC. Now I know that I can. I'll be calling them ASAP.

Message 7 of 10
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the PC and thank you for the data points!

What qualifies as a direct deposit? Could it be an automatic push from another of your personal checking or savings accounts?

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 8 of 10
Sspartan
Valued Member

@SweetCreditObsession wrote:

What qualifies as a direct deposit? Could it be an automatic push from another of your personal checking or savings accounts?

Yes, I have mine setup to transfer $5 from one of my other checking accounts to my Alliant checking every month. You could probably get away with $1 and it would count towards the requirement for the higher cashback. 

Message 9 of 10
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

@Sspartan wrote:

@SweetCreditObsession wrote:

Yes, I have mine setup to transfer $5 from one of my other checking accounts to my Alliant checking every month. You could probably get away with $1 and it would count towards the requirement for the higher cashback. 

Another excellent data point.

I called today and a very friendly lady got my product change done in about 15 minutes. Apparently, they are also going to lower my credit card APR about 2% as well. Not bad!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.