Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product changed Wells Fargo Platinum to New Propel

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Product changed Wells Fargo Platinum to New Propel

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I beg to differ, they do pull credit on a product change even if the CSR says they dont. I product changed a Propel 365 Amex to a Cash Wise Visa in February, was told no hp, they closed my account, pulled my Experian, and opened the CW. PCing with WF is not cool imo, it's basically like apping a new card, but sometimes inevitable. Mine was due to having an AF I didnt want to pay since I couldnt justify it.

Today, I did a PC from Platinum to Propel, and I had the same experience as OP.  I asked several times (before, during, and after the process) about this being SP only.  Each time, the representative assured me that there would be no hard pull.  Since this call is most likely recorded, there should be no issue having them remove the inquiry from my report if it happens to pop up.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Day 2

No alerts

Card appeared in my WF app along with the benefits of the card including the 30K SUB. So far so good
Message 12 of 13
arkane
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
When I PC'd one of my former WF CCs, there was no HP (only SP), but outcomes will vary for others, SP was on TU. Other DPs point to either HP on EX or TU ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It coded as a new account, but I was eligible for the SUB on the new product.

Yeah that's no longer a PC then, it's basically a new application (especially if they also do a HP).

Imagine if WF was your oldest tradeline of 10+ years and you PC'd on the terrible advice of a CSR. Smiley SurprisedSmiley Mad  To say I'd be pissed would be the understatement of the year.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.