Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product changing for best use

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Product changing for best use

If I product change. Will it impact the age of the account, and will it require a hp or a sp?

I've been doing alot of thinking these last few days and this is what I came up with:

PC from the Slate to the Freedom so that I can have a Chase card that will earn me 1.5% cb on purchases.

PC from Amway Bank of America card to BankAmericard Travel Rewards to gain another $0 FT fee card to add in my portfolio (I also have the QS, and CSP which are no FT fee cards)

I may even do an additional PC from the Amex BCP to just the BCE to save on the AF. I'm living abroad, and I'm not paying for gas nor groceries. So the 6% and 3% are not being utilized, but when I return and get back in the swing of things I could greatly benefit from this. So I just may have to suck it up and pay for the AF for the next two years.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Product changing for best use

@Anonymous wrote:

If I product change. Will it impact the age of the account, and will it require a hp or a sp?

I've been doing alot of thinking these last few days and this is what I came up with:

PC from the Slate to the Freedom so that I can have a Chase card that will earn me 1.5% cb on purchases.

PC from Amway Bank of America card to BankAmericard Travel Rewards to gain another $0 FT fee card to add in my portfolio (I also have the QS, and CSP which are no FT fee cards)

I may even do an additional PC from the Amex BCP to just the BCE to save on the AF. I'm living abroad, and I'm not paying for gas nor groceries. So the 6% and 3% are not being utilized, but when I return and get back in the swing of things I could greatly benefit from this. So I just may have to suck it up and pay for the AF for the next two years.

With the cards you list, a PC will be a SP and the changes will not affect your AAoA.  The only problem that i see if if BoA will let your PC the Amway car to the travel rewards card because a lot of creditors will not let you PC cobranded cards to a non branded card.  You will have to check with them to see if it's allowed.  Also it's the Freedom Unlimited, not the regular Freedom that gives you 1.5% cashback.

Message 2 of 4
newhis
Valued Contributor

I guess you can downgrade BCP to BCE for 2 years, then upgrade back to BCP when you need it.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only issue with the Amex is the bonus. You won't qualify for a BCE bonus if you ever decide to open a new account.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.