cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of Income when Updating Income to Credit Cards is a good idea or bad idea?!

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Proof of Income when Updating Income to Credit Cards is a good idea or bad idea?!

So I have my CC all set at 60k income which was what my floating average stayed around I didn't want to put to high or to low for that matter, but after doing a review of last years income my total income was at 110k....Now I don't want to put 110k because that did come from several sources not just my direct job but I am scared if I update my income to my Credit Cards to say 75k or so?!     They will ask for POI and want that all to show from my job last year (on tax return) and it would do more harm than good as I'm not sure if the total for the year on just my Primary work will reflect that 75k.     I actually added together my job income, ATM deposits from Cash jobs, CashApp payments etc to get that total income I had received....But I also know the amount is clearly reflecting my DTI stating it's a Higher use of my income since it's only at 60k when in fact I brought in more almost double that last year :/     and that could hurt me moving forward with CLI or Loans etc....so I'm just confused and don't want to bite myself in the foot especially since I'm looking into opening a business I don't want them to think I only have 60k (I will be providing them with a full break down of last years income, but not sure if that would suffice for everyone.....I'm just all sorts of Confused.     Please any help would be much appreciated and so far things are looking up for the Business Smiley Very Happy      Just a little update on that.  Smiley Very Happy    Also if I do update it how soon will it reflect or adjust my DTI!?   Smiley Very Happy     Ty ty Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Proof of Income when Updating Income to Credit Cards is a good idea or bad idea?!

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

So I have my CC all set at 60k income which was what my floating average stayed around I didn't want to put to high or to low for that matter, but after doing a review of last years income my total income was at 110k....Now I don't want to put 110k because that did come from several sources not just my direct job but I am scared if I update my income to my Credit Cards to say 75k or so?!     They will ask for POI and want that all to show from my job last year (on tax return) and it would do more harm than good as I'm not sure if the total for the year on just my Primary work will reflect that 75k.     I actually added together my job income, ATM deposits from Cash jobs, CashApp payments etc to get that total income I had received....But I also know the amount is clearly reflecting my DTI stating it's a Higher use of my income since it's only at 60k when in fact I brought in more almost double that last year :/     and that could hurt me moving forward with CLI or Loans etc....so I'm just confused and don't want to bite myself in the foot especially since I'm looking into opening a business I don't want them to think I only have 60k (I will be providing them with a full break down of last years income, but not sure if that would suffice for everyone.....I'm just all sorts of Confused.     Please any help would be much appreciated and so far things are looking up for the Business Smiley Very Happy      Just a little update on that.  Smiley Very Happy    Also if I do update it how soon will it reflect or adjust my DTI!?   Smiley Very Happy     Ty ty Smiley Happy

Hi

Your total income is what you reported to IRS. Use the income from your 2021 W2s and 1099s, not what you personally added up. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 3
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Proof of Income when Updating Income to Credit Cards is a good idea or bad idea?!

Ok Thank You ^^

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.