Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of the Capital One 24 month restriction

tag
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

Re: Proof of the Capital One 24 month restriction

I've just never app'ed for a Cap1 card at all because of the 3 HP.....too many other options out there to tie up that many INQ's in a single card.  I get mailers constantly for the platinum and I don't know why, since my scores stay in the 700+ range (750+ currently).  One of those.....check the mail, eye roll, toss in the burn-pile....at least 3 times a month.

Seems the x/24 rule just makes them that much more unattractive. (at least to me)

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 11 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Honestly cap1 prefers slightly blimished credit reports.. Their UW isn't any more strick persay..  People in the 800's they dont find profitable that isnt their audience.  They want someone that makes decent money and not perfect credit that is likely to carry a balance that is their audience thus meaning not alot of other credit/lenders so they get the interest.   Hence whatever rule they have similiar to 5/24, but unknown.  You can get ventures with 20k+ cl if you have 650ish score and a good income and little other credit.  

People with tons of credit/accounts simply arent profitable for them thus the denials... 

Message 12 of 14
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

The more I hear about Cap1 lately, the more unlikely it seems that I will ever qualify for the SavorOne. I had hoped to obtain that card after I am done fixing my credit issues, but I have too many new accounts as of right now. And once i get my credit issues fixed and wait the 2 years for my accounts to age, it will likely be too good to qualify for the SavorOne. LOL I am currently using the Synchrony marvel card, which is very similar to the SavorOne, but you can't beat getting a signup bonus and a second card that is useful for your type of spend.

Message 13 of 14
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Honestly cap1 prefers slightly blimished credit reports.. Their UW isn't any more strick persay..  People in the 800's they dont find profitable that isnt their audience.  They want someone that makes decent money and not perfect credit that is likely to carry a balance that is their audience thus meaning not alot of other credit/lenders so they get the interest.   Hence whatever rule they have similiar to 5/24, but unknown.  You can get ventures with 20k+ cl if you have 650ish score and a good income and little other credit.  

People with tons of credit/accounts simply arent profitable for them thus the denials... 

It's why they'll always be considered a subprime issuer, even if they want to pretend to offer top of the line cards. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.