Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulled the trigger on CLI with Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulled the trigger on CLI with Discover

Hi everyone,  how are you doing? 

Congratulations!  to who just got approved for Discover card.  

Well, I took a chance with my Discover More CLI last night.  The rep told me that she can request up to $5000 of increase at this moment and she did request from 2.5k to 7.5k for me.   Too bad, no instant approval for me, she said it has to be hard pull for further review and asked some questions.   Which is my annual income, rent or own, monthly rent $, how long I lived at current address, reason of request.  And as usual, she told me it takes 24~48 hours to process.  If I'm lucky enough, I may get some CLI.  If not, I just have one inq.  Wish me luck ~

* Have Discover More since 03/2008.  Start with 2k, then ACLI of $500 once.  Stuck with 2.5k for long time now.  I just want to reduce the util on Discover because I am charging $500/mo now to take the Bonus Cashback offer.  (Between March and May, charge $500/mo then earns $75 Bonus.  Additional offer .... B.D Double pts of 2% on up to $500 charge in any categories.)

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
heyyou12
Established Member

Re: Pulled the trigger on CLI with Discover

GOOD LUCK

Message 2 of 23
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Just so you know, the $500 cap is for the total reward period, I believe, not $500/mo.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Up date info ... 

Yes, Yes, Yes ...  Let's dance ~ got me a nice B.D present myself   Smiley Happy

I did not see any e-mail from Discover, so I just logged in to my Discover online acct. 

Then ... I saw a lovely number there ... Discover gave me 5k CLI    Hooraaaay   Smiley Very Happy

Ending in  xxxx

Current Balance$656.20 
Last Statement Balance$313.39 
Minimum Payment Due 04/13$ 40.00  
Transfer a Balance See Rates
Cash PIN  
Credit Line Available$ 6,833.00 Credit Line $ 7,500
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy B.D., bunnyrabbit!  Congratulations!!!

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy Birthday!!!

...and congrats on the CLI!

Message 6 of 23
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Was it a hard pull? I redeemed cash back bonus for a statement credit and unlike the past few times, I did not receive an auto CLI. I'd love to get this card over 10K which it is currently $110 away from my limit now.

Message 7 of 23
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Happy Birthday!!! Congratulations!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 8 of 23
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The rep told me that she can request up to $5000 of increase at this moment and she did request from 2.5k to 7.5k for me.   Too bad, no instant approval for me, she said it has to be hard pull for further review and asked some questions. 

Are you saying Discover is allowing CLIs with no hard pull?  It sounds like she told you that you didn't qualify for an instant decision, which meant it would require a hard pull.  So if you had qualified, would it have been a soft?  Did she specify?

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 23
DI
Super Contributor

In a few more months, I'll be hunting  and pull the trigger with Discover too.  My account would be 2 years old. 

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.