Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing Online

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: PURCHASING ONLINE

The only retailer I know of that does/did this is Apple. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 11 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the link to the place that has the sofa I want, it is showing a red one but I will mostly get the black one, not sure. This is also why I really need a CC with at least a $2,000 CL

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I did ask, guy said that had no way of splitting it

I would call back, ask to speak to a manager, and ask if they want to make a sale or not. In this day and time, it makes absolutely no sense that the store can't charge this to two different cards. They could just charge 2 different miscellaneous items. This would make me wonder what other antiquated systems they have in place -- example, you get the couch, there's a problem, and they won't credit your card. 

Yep, I would see if I could find another store or another couch somewhere else. Unbelievable that they would lose out on a $2K sale. And if I were the sales person, I would be some kind of upset missing out on my commission.

Oh well, that's my rant for the day.

HOME THEATER SEATING

Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

That's because you need a separate card to cover the Apple tax. Smiley Frustrated

Message 13 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Visa/MC/Amex gift card.  If you buy it in person you can use two cards to pay. But you are going to lose the added protection you get with a CC

Message 14 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do I get those gift cards? I will call the sofa company about using a gift card. Thank you.
Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Purchasing Online

@Ahava18 wrote:
This may not be a solution, it's rather a workaround. If your $1750 card has a 0 balance, you can make a $250 bill pay from your bank (initiated FROM your bank accnt). That should make your available credit $2,000.

I can't say I have tested it on all card issuers, so it may be YMMV.

On my capital one, if I prepay, not only does the available credit not increase behind my limit, if I make a purchase it's deducted from my available credit while it's pending, despite having prepaid.

Message 16 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Sadly their selection of sofas is pathetic. Smiley Wink 

Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Purchasing Online

Looked into this with Discover, I can't add anything above $1750 like pre-pay. Thanks though 😊
Message 18 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who's selection of sofas is pathetic?
Message 19 of 35
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Who's selection of sofas is pathetic?

Apple's. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.